MobiFlight Community Support

Welcome to the forum for MobiFlight! Feel free to reach out to the community in case you have questions, issues or just want to share great ideas or details about your latest home cockpit project.

You like MobiFlight? Donate via PayPal and support the MobiFlight development. Thanks! 

icon
Ridgeandgable
Hi Guys

I'm trying to get my panel finished off but struggling with the lights. I'm using Toggle Switches that came with my overhead panel, I'm testing it on Taxi Lights, heres the setup

ONPRESS
EventID - 69749
Para - 536870912 (Left Single Click)

OnRelease
EventID - 69749
Para -21474836948 (Right Click with the -)

Nothing happens, so I've tried

ONPRESS
EventID - 69749
Para - 1

OnRelease
EventID - 69749
Para - 0

Seems to work sometimes but not all the time? What am I missing
2018-12-13 23:04
Ridgeandgable
Update - I found an old post regarding Logging with Debug mode and change the speed of communication to FSUIPC, this seems to have fixed the issues with switches

Am I to expect any other issues with this bug as I still have another 60+ switches to wire and Rotary's to wire up? :D :cry:
2018-12-14 00:42
pizman82
Supporter
Hi

(By the way... Using 1/0 Parameter instead of Mouseaction is the better choice for Multiposition switches .... So your idea is right)

About Situation .....Yes you will get another problems ... but not for long. ;)

At the moment ( and since years) this is one of the hardest bugs in MF.
Some Users ( maby 10-20%) got this bug. ( We think already its a problem with system performance and/or used PlugIns in Windows)

With current 7.5.0 ( and all Versions before) the only way to fix this is using Logging Mode enable with typ DEBUG.
This will fix the Problem of missing switch Events normaly 100% BUT it occure then in a bad performance of Encoders ( running slow and overturn sometimes)

But good news... The next release will give us a signeficant better solution. We not be able to completly solve the Problem (till today) .... But Sebastian find a way to reduce issues to 0 % and working encoders . At the Moment the only remaining problem is that NOW Displays will show data (when quick changes happen) a little bit to slow.

Thats also the reason why the new hotfix takes so long time. Sebastian think the current solution is already not perfect and he still try to solve the problem completly.
Whatever.... If he find a way the problem is gone.... If not the already finished new code result in a much better feeling like now.

Please stay a bit patient for the next patch 7.5.1. Hopefully within this Year !
Good Luck !
2018-12-14 05:19
Ridgeandgable
Hi Pizman

Thanks for your comments, I look forward to the next update.

Funny you mention the encoders as that was going to be my next post :D, I noticed last night that its got major lag on it. I can live with this for now by turning very very slowly, or I may just buy a cheap joystick board and run switches through that until the bug is has improved.
I'll keep an eye out for the updates though

Thanks
2018-12-14 10:38
icon