MobiFlight Community Support

Welcome to the forum for MobiFlight! Feel free to reach out to the community in case you have questions, issues or just want to share great ideas or details about your latest home cockpit project.

You like MobiFlight? Donate via PayPal and support the MobiFlight development. Thanks! 

icon
t.gontek
Hi, I'm new to this forum, my English is weak.

how to set Event ID for HDG SEL in MCP (temporary/momentary button):

config 1
Event ID: 70024,
OnPress: Parameter 1
OnRelase: none

config 2
Event ID: 70024
OnPress: none
OnRelase: ???

Please help :)
2018-11-21 06:02
pizman82
Supporter
Hi
Welcome to Mobiflight !

Note: I transfer this Thread to correct Sub Forum !

About your Question:

1. You normaly need never a Dual Config System for those kind of buttons.... So a two way Button ( ON/OFF whatever latching or momentary) is done normaly by ONE Config !
( Only in some special cases when you build a improvisional thing like a servo or solonoid switch you work with multiple configs)

2. A Momentary function is working "normaly" with just a PRESS Command. Release is not needed in 99% of situations.
See it simple.... You like to execute a command ( for example activate the HDG Mode) when you use the Button.... It will execute the action if you press it. So "ON PRESS" is needed. But also note the button will do "nothing" in real aircraft when you release it.... Summary a Release is not needed.
( Instead to a latching switch ... Here for example the PRESS will activate something like Landing Lights.... A Release will disable the function.... So 2 Commands are needed and you work with ON RELEASE also. )

3. Same System is correct for "Toggle Buttons" .... So a button that for example Activate a Function if its not active and ALSO deactivate it if it still active. In Simple words " Set ON if OFF or set OFF if its still ON. Those functions also use ON PRESS only !!!

So solution in your case.

USE ONE Config (Input)
ON PRESS Tab ( On release is not used)
Device : Your Button
Typ of Input : EVENT ID
Used ID : 70024 ( As you still use)
Parameter: Left Mouse Click 536870912

Note: In PMDG most Inputs are done with "Mouse Click Parameters" ... You find them on last section of your "List of EventId´s . PDF"
- For momentary Inputs you work normaly with this LEFT CLICK Parameter
- For Encoders you use Mousewheel UP and Down Parameters
- For Position switches ( ON/OFF or Multi Rotarys) you use the Value that is shown in the Lists... Boolean are 1/0 Others work mith for example 0,1,2,3,4,5 and so on
Good Luck !
2018-11-21 07:31
t.gontek
Hello :) pizman82

thank you for help in my little DIY Home Cocpit project :)
works great :)

thank you, thank you, you are great :)
I read, I follow every post, entry on the MF forum
2018-11-21 20:21
pizman82
Supporter
:love: Thanks !

Your in a good direction.
Reading all the stuff that is written here in the past is nearly impossible.... But if you still read the daylie new topics you will learn a lot !

If you have any questions in the future... Just ask. We try to help you ! :thumbup:
Good Luck !
2018-11-22 12:11
icon