MobiFlight Community Support

Welcome to the forum for MobiFlight! Feel free to reach out to the community in case you have questions, issues or just want to share great ideas or details about your latest home cockpit project.

You like MobiFlight? Donate via PayPal and support the MobiFlight development. Thanks! 

Go to page 1Go to page 112Go to page 3Go to page 2
cardo
Hi pizman82,
Thanks for answering i will do this testing within a day or two while waiting for for my arduino 4 and 5
2019-03-18 19:55
pizman82
Supporter
Fine !

At least i get a Whatsapp from another User who read this topic and he just think you maby got also a electrical problem.
On video your wire work looks a bit "confusing" but i belive you know what you do.

So maby you can just confirm the follow....

How is your GRD System working ?

Do you have a Single GRD Line from every device to the MEGA where is set ? For exampe every switch of Mega 1 got a single Line that Ends in one of the GRD Pins of Mega 1 ?
OR
Do you have a GRD Chain for each Mega ? So GRD of Switch 1 go to GRD of Switch 2 go to GRD of switch 3 and so on and finaly ends on the Mega where ALL Switches in this chain are also connected ?
OR
Do you have a Global GRD.... So All Devices use the Same big GRD Line and thats finaly bridged over all Mega Boards ?

Basicly i think we have a software Problem here..... But Maby you can confirm also that your wirework and GRD Logic is fine, too
Good Luck !
2019-03-18 22:06
cardo
GRD of Switch 1 go to GRD of Switch 2 go to GRD of switch 3 and so on and finaly ends on the Mega where ALL Switches in this chain are also connected
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VS1y8whsVkRgStAsfJm0QTF3wk9h-9bZ/view?usp=sharing
2019-03-19 00:12
StephanHo
Supporter
Hi cardo,

are the GNDs of the individual MEGA connected?

These are just the questions on the edge.

Work through the tips that Pizman gave you, even if it seems to be tedious. But this approach promises the best results.
Grüße,
Stephan
2019-03-19 12:33
pizman82
Supporter
UPDATE

@ Cardo.

I just get a Programm from Stephan to readout the internal EEPROM Situation. I also get a idea about the problem but i can not reproduce it at the moment.

PROBLEM:

At first i Startup with the File you gave us ( First Mega. mfmc ) by the download Link.
BUT Then i saw your Video and was verry confused.
In the Video there are OTHER Devices ( Additional ones and in a other sequence) as in the File you gave us.

Also i´m a bit confused... In Video you say you create 2 Devices ( Battery and No Somiking) and then the others stop work..... But in Viod you just delete the "bat" line (not the Smoking entry) ..... Also i not understand why the "bat" Entry is somewhere in the middle of your device List. If you say you create it at least.... then it should be on END of the Dropdown List.

I Realy want to help you and also want to find out the nature of Problem.
BUT. I will need 2 Things.

1. A File (mfmc) From A Mega that work ( The Situation BEFORE you add a additional device and ALL Switches are work fine and be tested)
2. A File from the MEGA after you add the 2 Devices ( Bat/Smoking as you said)
3. A Clear Report WHAT Devices stop working and what devices still working after you add this 2 devices.

I Hope you understand.... The File you gave us is NOT the File in Video.... AND Also i gt not the "broke" File that include the change that bring the Problem.

If Possible.... Rebuild it and give me the requested file and Report.
Good Luck !
2019-03-21 18:13
cardo
hi i think the problem is from the software cause I got a fourth arduino mega where i added the remaining switches (generators switch gen1, gen2, apu gens and engine start switches for GRD, OFF, AND CONTINUOUS) it was working fine then i decided to add led devices then the bug started again some switches like (GRD OFF CONTINUOUS) stopped working.
2019-03-26 12:38
pizman82
Supporter
Apollogy that you have so many problems.
I was happy to read a reply from you..... As i said.We can just find out the nature of the bug if a affected user work together with us.

Please read again my last topic.... There i did a request.

In short words....

I must be able to reproduce your system 1:1 .
To prevent me to build a full overhead it would ne nice to just check ONE Mega instead of 4.
Thats why i ask you you should set only one of the (now 4) Megas at a time and you should confirm the Bug is happen, too. (Whatever the other 3 are not used a.t.m.)

If this is possible then i need 2 Files from You.

1. The mfmc File from the Board when all is already fine ( For eample when you got your 30 devices there and ALL work fine.
2. the mfmc File from the same Board that now include one Additional device .... Exact the situation when the issue start to begin.
3. a short report from You that include.... A ) What Device was the one you added at least .... B ) What Devices stop working after you add this device.

Then i can upload this to 2 Megas from myself and i can "compare" the two boards and i can test every switch.
Specialy i can see the EEPROM maby and can figure out why exactly the special xx devices NOW stop working. I need to see a system in the problem finaly !
Good Luck !
2019-03-26 13:01
cardo
okay you will get it soon
2019-03-26 19:57
pizman82
Supporter
Refresh !

If you still here and work on the problematic.... I will need the Files already.

Thanks !
Good Luck !
2019-04-05 22:26
cardo
2019-04-06 13:20
pizman82
Supporter
Wonderfull Thank you.

I already see the "New" Devices are the Elements ... Named "11" "12" "13" and set to Pin 2, 3 and 4 .

If possible now just report to me .....

1. In the "Normal" File does all Inputs work correct ?
2. In The "Bug" File.... WHAT Inputs stop working on your System ?

Please give me finaly this information.... Then i will completly rebuild this and do my testings.
Pretty sure with THIS and another file from a User from SouthAfrica i be able to find the issue und we can fix it in next Release 7.5.3

:thumbup:
Good Luck !
2019-04-06 14:39
cardo
yes on the normal file all switches worked fine but after adding those three devises the ground power switch, seat belts switch, emergency exit lights, apu, left pack, right pack and isolation valves stopped working
2019-04-06 17:00
cardo
hello everyone any updates?
2019-04-09 16:01
pizman82
Supporter
Hi Again.

Sorry but NO !

At the moment Sebastian is verry bussy ( was on a buisness trip for some weeks) . Myself also got a construction site at home and must work on 2 spots same time.
We declare a "meeting" within the next two weeks. Then we will disusse that . I Also hope Seb will solve this isntantly.

Apollogy but i think that will get into progress maby in 2-3 weeks. A Final Patch and solution will be come after that. Can takes some months if he like to include it in next Conten Patch and decide to not make a hotfix for that directly.

( I know that is not good... But RealLife gots priority. I Hope you understand! )
Good Luck !
2019-04-10 19:29
Go to page 1Go to page 112Go to page 3Go to page 2