MobiFlight Community Support

Welcome to the forum for MobiFlight! Feel free to reach out to the community in case you have questions, issues or just want to share great ideas or details about your latest home cockpit project.

You like MobiFlight? Donate via PayPal and support the MobiFlight development. Thanks! 

Go to page 1Go to page 012Go to page 2Go to page 2
bobt1968
Supporter
Hi I am trying to get encders to work with PMDG737 MCP ALT. Using Event ID 70032 the ALT increases by one increment of 100 then stops working. am i missing something simple?
I have managed to get the param entered in config wizard, to appear when encoder is turned using Direct Event ID 84137. Is there a way to enter a formula to set ALT to increase/decrease by 100 increments. As param will only accept numbers maybe a value box as in FSUIPC offset setup.
Very new to this very impressed so far :thumbup:
Help would be greatly appriciated.
2016-01-04 03:13
DocMoebiuz
I think you have to pass in the appropriate mouse action parameter. I cannot tell whether you have to use Wheel Up / Down (16384 / 8192) or Left / Right Drag ...
[Last edited by DocMoebiuz, 2016-01-05 10:04]
Have a great day!
Sebastian

MobiFlight - Simply build your own home cockpit for your favorite flight sim - FSX, Prepar3D (FSUIPC), X-Plane (XPUIPC)
2016-01-04 21:31
bobt1968
Supporter
Thank you for your swift responce much appriciated. All encoders are now working :) just one other problem the increments are in 500 and not 100 is there a way of calibrating this ?
or do i have a debounce problem.
Regards.
2016-01-05 03:16
DocMoebiuz
If every increment is 500 then I am pretty sure that it is linked with the type of mouse action you are using.
Check in the SIM how you control it with your real mouse and then take the fitting event type from the PMDG EventID documentation.

Debouncing issues are noted by flipping input after direction change. E.g. you turn left and then right and the numbers are first increasing and then suddenly decreasing and then increasing again. This is filtered out in the firmware pretty well.
Have a great day!
Sebastian

MobiFlight - Simply build your own home cockpit for your favorite flight sim - FSX, Prepar3D (FSUIPC), X-Plane (XPUIPC)
2016-01-05 10:03
bobt1968
Supporter
Sebastian Thanks for your help all encoders working as per mouse weel in sim i was useing the mouse click in sim which raise/lowers the alt by increments of 100 i thought one click of the encoder was one click of the mouse.
I am having trouble with IAS and Mach Readout on seven segment display when c/o to mach FSUIPT Value is Say 0.7699999 & output value is 0 is thre a way to output this and round this up to .77

Regards
2016-01-07 14:46
DocMoebiuz
In the multiply field multiply by 1000
In the comparison fields use

iconCode:
Round($/10,0)

Now for 0.769 the result will be 77.
Set the decimal point and use left padding with 0.

PD: I really have to make this easier :) unfortunately expressions cannot be used in the multiply field as of now.
Have a great day!
Sebastian

2016-01-07 16:01
cardo
hi i am making a pmdg overhead panel I am done with all the switches I went to mobiflight software to configure 52 toggles by devices/ button/ then pin number I have done this for the rest of my switches then I went to the inputs and I choose event id I have entered all event ids and parameter on press=1 on release=0 for on/off switches then i click on active then run on my fsx only 30 switches are working out of 50 so 20 switches are not working I tried to double check there is no mistakes but it is still not working my email is tygcortez@gmail.com
2019-03-06 17:23
StephanHo
Supporter
Hi cardo,

Welcome to MobiFlight!

First of all: please do not revive 3-year-old topics! New Topic cost nothing and may be used gladly.

To your problem:

Is it right that you use a PMDG 737 as an airplane and the FSX as a simulator?

There is a limit of 50 switches and 40 LEDs per MobiFlight module.
Only with a mix you can use all pins (more than 50).

If now 20 switches with you do not work, then here could be a wiring problem.

How did you wire your switches? Each 1 line from the MEGA to the switch, the other to the GND or 1 line from the MEGA to the switch and the GND as a loop, ie from switch to switch and only at the end connected to GND?

I recommend checking the GND lines - preferably with a continuity tester or a multimeter.

If you write that you have used 52 toggles, you should remove 2 devices and the corresponding configs from the input list.
Grüße,
Stephan
2019-03-06 19:22
pizman82
Supporter
Hi.

By the way.... Cardo can b a perfect example for the problem we talk about last week in our Meeting, Stephan.

I recommend he should do your intentions.

1. Remove 2 Switch-Devices to get within the limit of 50 buttons per board
2. Confirm you NOT use Pin 0 and 1

If this is done i think pretty sure it will also not work.... Cause he will have long names i think.

PLEASE:
If your config will NOT work after do Step 1 and 2..... Then SAVE your Deice settings ( mfmc file .... Klick Save in the /Settings/Mobiflightboard devices Tab)
We will need this file to reproduce the problem.

Whatever if problem is still solved after delete the 2 devices then all is fine and you not need to think about what i tell you here.
Good Luck !
2019-03-07 02:12
cardo
i am not using pin 0 and 1 the problem is that everything is working fine when i have 30 devices but when i add new devices from 31 to 50 some previous devices will not work anymore my wiring is correct i have used all switches into one GND (daisy chain)

here is the link to download my setup https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1tfZO8ePleqlnfI6mcxykkyeUAMbGDeK0?usp=sharing

everything on this setup is working fine but when i try adding new devices some others will stop working and you can see on my mega settings there are free pins available (those pins available if i add devices to them the other devices will stop working)
so everytime i see the bug i have to add a new arduino mega 2560
[Last edited by cardo, 2019-03-17 21:32]
2019-03-17 21:20
StephanHo
Supporter
Hi cardo,

are the issues only with your third MEGA?

In the .mcc-File there is a weird Serialnumber: THIRD MEGA/ SNÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿTHIRD MEGA - that sounds a bit strange

Your first MEGA has FIRTS MEGA / SN-d90-e5c and the second second mega/ SN-643-c13. They seems to be OK

Try via EXTRAS - SETTINGS - MOBIFLIGHT MODULES - right Mouseclick on the third MEGA and then regenerate serial.

If the serial doesn't change, delete the MEGA with the Arduino IDE and there under EXAMPLES - EEPROM - eeprom-clear and use it as a new one with a new serial.
Maybe that you get a message that you have an orphaned module and assign it to the new one.

EDIT: disconnect the third MEGA, disable the related configs(!) and add a device to the second one. Is there then an issue or not?
[Last edited by StephanHo, 2019-03-17 23:51]
Grüße,
Stephan
2019-03-17 23:40
cardo
HI StephanHo,

when adding a device to the second one the other device stop working
2019-03-18 00:45
pizman82
Supporter
I agree with Stephan.
Here the "name" of Mega 3 sounds strange.
Please reset it.... Then report new experience!

Again here a missing information is the nature of problem.

In your two previous Requests you not say a word about you using THREE Arduino Megas.
You basicly told us you have a Mega with 30 Devices and all over 30 is getting in trouble. ( So we must think you got just ONE Mega)

THIS is a complete different situation.

So... Please !! If you request for help in future you must give us ALL information...
For example if i see correct then board 1 is working fine with already MORE then 30 devices ?
I hope you understand.... we just see the Information you tell us.... We can not "fabricate" the missing facts. So tell us your "complete" setup .... Then we can think about !
Good Luck !
2019-03-18 00:58
cardo
I made a video to help you understand better my problem
I have also regenerated the serial for my third mega

first video: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ca4BuI__tgWWmrH44fI4U7_hDvLsY_i_/view?usp=sharing

second video: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RvM_Ycl8_Ftp9OYAGgl777i1clwYfpXb/view?usp=sharing
2019-03-18 15:34
pizman82
Supporter
At FIRST

Thank you Sir :thumbup:

If every User will give us a so impressive Bug Reportig then our work here would be much more comfortable.
And i will say also Thanks for a moment you put a big smile on my face :D .... When you say " As you can see its a little bit messy" Yeah.... 1000 wires behind a paper Box. Thats nice !:w00t:

To Topic:

Basicly a missfuntion of Mega Three could be in case of wrong name. You still solve this you said. So Thats no problem longer.

I´m sad i must tell you but i think this is a exemple for a Bug i explore for long time.
( As i said initial you can be a good "experimantal" guy to explore this problem)
I´m not a programmer but i´m 99% sure the "lenght of Devices" is the Problem.

Whatever mathematical it should be working.... It will not work finaly.
( We calculate that the Memory of Mega can include Devicenames for up to 50 devices with UP to 16 Characters .... But it looks like that Problems occure whatever the Names are already a bit shorter. We not understand at the moment why there is a "overflow" in memeory whatever the Data is much less as the reserved Mem-Part will support. )
BUT we still understand the missing devices occure if the memory gets to full !

What can we do now ?

Myself i Saved your 3 Files on my Harddisk. Badly i got no 50 Switches Board here to test it directly.
But maby YOU like to help us and test it with your current setup.

Step 1: Save all 3 Device Files (mfmc) on a save spot and NOT Change them again. We need them Finaly to reproduce the Problem, and you to reset your system after testing.
Step 2: For secure reason please also Save your mcc file
Step 3: Dissconnet your Arduinos 2 and 3
Restart Mobiflight and Boards
Step 4: Now test all Inputs of Arduino 1 ( Should work like now)
Step 5: Create 2 New Devices on that Arduino. ( For example 2 Switches)

Question:
Is the Problem the same like Before ?
I Like to know: Is this Problem based on the Specific Arduino or does the situation change if you use only ONE Arduino at the moment... Then Problem is on Computer Side.
( I´m pretty sure the problem is the same and your new devices will kill the same old ones like in the 3 Arduino Setup ..... Same happend for other users, too)

Step 6: Please now open the SettingsTab/Mobiflight Boards and get into MEGA1
Step 7 Rename ALL Devices for testing into a SHORT and CLEAR Code.
Please use Only A-Z and 0-9 NOT use a "Space" Not use Symbols like -_.:,;#'+*!"§$%&/()=) ..... Simply Something lika A1 ..... A2..... A3 .... A4
( I Know thats difficult to work with.... This is just for testing now)
Step 8: UPLOAD the renamed Devices to the Board..... You can still add 5 new Switches in this spot if you like.... No Problem
STEP 9: Start Your System. I´m not sure if the Configs already use the correct Devices or if you need to set them new. If yes please do that. Simply choose in the specific Configs each the corespondending Input.

Summary:
If i´m correct, then after this extrem reducing of Device Names and the reduced usage of Memory i think that your System will work.... Also with 5 More Devices.
Basicly i will say it work also with up to 40 (50) switches now.

If you find time please do this testing for us.... And give us your results as detailed as possible.

Final Target: We must find out WHAT is the Problem. Is it usage of Symbols like _ in your case. Is it USage of Space Signs... Or ist it basicly the Number of characters ?
Good Luck !
2019-03-18 17:09
Go to page 1Go to page 012Go to page 2Go to page 2