MobiFlight Community Support

Welcome to the forum for MobiFlight! Feel free to reach out to the community in case you have questions, issues or just want to share great ideas or details about your latest home cockpit project.

You like MobiFlight? Donate via PayPal and support the MobiFlight development. Thanks! 

icon
Ridgeandgable
Hi Guys

I've tried to set my first button on the autopilot for PMDG 737 (FSX), but i'm struggling to get it going. I have the eventID as 70034 but nothing happens? The button does register on FSUIPC Loggin

I have the additional line enabled in the PMDG config to allow communication, any pointers would be great

Thanks
2018-11-10 01:15
pizman82
Supporter
iconRidgeandgable:

I have the eventID as 70034 but nothing happens? The button does register on FSUIPC Loggin

Hi
Thats not logical.... You say nothing happend.... But you say it will be registred in FSUIPC Logging Mode ..... Result... There was happening something ;) !

Your Problem can have lots of reasons.... Lets make a list.

1. Basicly confirm your Hardware is working.....
I think this is not the problem here.... But always get sure your Input is working. Use for example on every switch, Encoder and so on the Parking Brake tutorial in a new empty config. ( Or youse Key send Methode like myself .... or use Logging String ... or youse a Testing LED or whatever)
Important is... You must confirm ALWAYS that your Button/switch/Encoder is technical working correct and Commands are recived in Mobiflight !

2. You use maby a Funtion that is not possible yet....
For Example you can not activate the AP CMD Button in some situations. To check if this simple fact is your problem please simply klick the AP CMD Button by the Mouse in Cockpit.... Can you activate it ?
I Recommend for first testing to use a Funktion that work 100% at the moment.... Simply "test" this feature shortly with the mouse to confirm the Button is usable at the moment in Sim !

3. Wrong Parameter.
PMDG need a Parameter for EventID.... This can be a Value 0 or 1 for ON Off switches.... OR ... A Value 0,1,2,3,4 and so on for a Multiswitch
Finalay PMDG uses "Mouse Parameters" (Located in the last section of your PDF File) Those simulate a mouse Action to the virtual Button.
For example a Leftklick is "536870912" . If you klick the Button in Sim with a Leftcklick then you use THIS Parameter for the Input, too !
So Confirm you use correct Parameter

4. Wrong FSUIPC Version
Its important to know that FSUIPC not include the PMDG automaticly. You must get sure your FSUIPC Version is from a Date that PMDG still exist and is included there.
I Recommend to use ALWAYS the newest Version !

5. Wrong PMDG Version
Here also there can be a Problem.... PMDG not support the Homecockpit SDK basicly.... It comes with Servicepack 1b i think and will be finished with 1d.
So Please confirm your PMDG 737 NGX is updated to Servicepack 1d (DELTA)
Good Luck !
2018-11-10 07:19
Ridgeandgable
Hi Pizman

I really shouldn't wire things and set them after work and at 1am in the morning as I think my brain switches off.. I got it working and I'm embarrassed to say, I simply forgot the value of Left Click :blush:
2018-11-10 13:44
pizman82
Supporter
No Problem....
We all have those moments ! Keep Cool ! :thumbup: ..... Whatever problem is solved !
Good Luck !
2018-11-10 14:04
icon