MobiFlight Community Support

Welcome to the forum for MobiFlight! Feel free to reach out to the community in case you have questions, issues or just want to share great ideas or details about your latest home cockpit project.

You like MobiFlight? Donate via PayPal and support the MobiFlight development. Thanks! 

icon
momo80
Hello guys,

I'm new to this forum :rolleyes:

I have started a project of a (compact) overhead to be used with pmdg 737 ngx and arduino mega. :thumbup:

I'm now testing toggle switches on a breadboard,with a basic on/off configuration as explained in the Mobiflight tutorial.

It works but...since I also use fs2crew on a regular basis, I would like to know how to match the status of real and virtual switches.

Let me better explain that: let's say that the "virtual first officer" in fs2crew turns on a light switch, in this case pmdg overhead would have this switch ON while my "real" switch would be OFF.

If, at a later stage, I want to match the two overheads I would then turn ON "my" switch but this would turn OFF the pmdg one.

So, my question is: how to prevent that? preconditions need to be used?

The alternative question is: are there in the market toggle switches to do this automatically (i.e. to switch autonomously in the good position based on pmdg values)? If yes, how more expensive they are compared to the others?

Many thanks for your help and suggestions!

Cheers
Mauro
[Last edited by momo80, 2018-11-02 15:14]
2018-11-02 15:06
pizman82
Supporter
Hi
Welcome to Mobiflight !

Basicly....
A Homecockpit is designed to rebuild the Aircraft as real as possible. So basicly it should work like in Real.
If (in real) your FO will switch the Lights for you then he will interact wih the REAL Switch and push it.
Its a bit unlogical to use this feature in combination with a real Homecockpit..... In virtual Cockpit FS2C will work like a virtual FO. In Real Cockpit (where the switches exist phisical) there should also be a real FO that move the switch by hand instead of FS2C.

But to awnser your questions:

1. Use SET instead of TOGGLE
Your switches mostl have 2 Positions.... ON or OFF . You need to make configs for both Conditions ( On Press and On Release ) or with ON-ON Switches you need 2x On Press.
Get shure you not use a Mouse Command Parameter like Leftclick.... Cause this will simply "toggle" .
I recommend to try a SET Command ..., Parameter 0 for OFF and Parameter 1 for ON.
In that case the switch is not synchron when FS2C do a command.... BUT itm will be synchron again if you use it next time by hand !
(For example.... If you push the switch to ON it will set virtual switch to ON .... Whatver it is still ON in sim.... Then simply nothing will change. )

2. Basicly Yes.... But this is expensive (prebuild) or lots of work (selfmade) ... and finaly not realisitc !
Those switches are used in a Homecockpit just for systems that can be controlled by the Aircraft Computer itself. For example the AT Arm switch at MCP in a B737.
This switch is a magnetic solonoid switch.... You can controll it by hand.... But the Computer can also "switch" it in case of disconnecting AT .
Summary.... You can build your cockpit with those switches.... But i think thats not verry proffitable.
Good Luck !
2018-11-02 15:29
momo80
Thanks for the quick reaction pizman!

I know my question was a bit weird...why building an overhead if then you don't use it? :D

Well, in most of the cases i will have the complete control of the aircraft and I won't use fs2crew at all. I just wanted to know if there is a practical way to match things when I feel lazy and I ask for the help of my fellow virtual first officer :)

A good compromise could be using the standard operations 3 (sop3) in fs2crew where is the captain doing most of the flows (but still, there are for sure some switches actuated by FO)

I think I would rather opt for a simple configuration, based on your suggestions of using set instead of left click parameter.

iconpizman82:

Hi
Welcome to Mobiflight !

Basicly....
A Homecockpit is designed to rebuild the Aircraft as real as possible. So basicly it should work like in Real.
If (in real) your FO will switch the Lights for you then he will interact wih the REAL Switch and push it.
Its a bit unlogical to use this feature in combination with a real Homecockpit..... In virtual Cockpit FS2C will work like a virtual FO. In Real Cockpit (where the switches exist phisical) there should also be a real FO that move the switch by hand instead of FS2C.

But to awnser your questions:

1. Use SET instead of TOGGLE
Your switches mostl have 2 Positions.... ON or OFF . You need to make configs for both Conditions ( On Press and On Release ) or with ON-ON Switches you need 2x On Press.
Get shure you not use a Mouse Command Parameter like Leftclick.... Cause this will simply "toggle" .
I recommend to try a SET Command ..., Parameter 0 for OFF and Parameter 1 for ON.
In that case the switch is not synchron when FS2C do a command.... BUT itm will be synchron again if you use it next time by hand !
(For example.... If you push the switch to ON it will set virtual switch to ON .... Whatver it is still ON in sim.... Then simply nothing will change. )

2. Basicly Yes.... But this is expensive (prebuild) or lots of work (selfmade) ... and finaly not realisitc !
Those switches are used in a Homecockpit just for systems that can be controlled by the Aircraft Computer itself. For example the AT Arm switch at MCP in a B737.
This switch is a magnetic solonoid switch.... You can controll it by hand.... But the Computer can also "switch" it in case of disconnecting AT .
Summary.... You can build your cockpit with those switches.... But i think thats not verry proffitable.

2018-11-02 16:00
icon