MobiFlight Community Support

Welcome to the forum for MobiFlight! Feel free to reach out to the community in case you have questions, issues or just want to share great ideas or details about your latest home cockpit project.

You like MobiFlight? Donate via PayPal and support the MobiFlight development. Thanks! 

icon
crazypilot_uk
Hi,
Does any one know the maximum number of stepper motors and servo's that can be run off one board ? power is supplied seperate so its just signal.
I have an issue were my Arduino and mobiflight work perfect untill I connect the last guage in my panel and then mobiflight does not connect to my Arduino it see's it as a new board connected and asks if I want to upload the firmware, I'm wondering if this is because im running too my motors from 1 card.
I need to run :

8 stepper motors
6 servo's
1 LED display
6 encoders

reducing this to 6 stepper motors everything works fine, connection to Mobiflight and P3D work great, add another stepper and everyhting fails.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Brgds.
2018-10-27 10:16
pizman82
Supporter
Hi

When you look into the FAQ you see the limits !

Stepper and Servo are limmited to 10 each.... A combination is also possible... so 8 Stepper (32 Pins) + 6 Servos (6 Pins) + 1 LED Display (Not sure if you mean LCd or 7 Segment) (2-3 Pins )+ 6 Encoders (12 Pins)
summary.... too much pins.... 32+6+2(3)+12 = 52 (53) (Only 50 Pins are working as i know Pin 0 and 1 are not for use)

So i think THATS your Problem !

by the way... Simply use multible Megas here ( Pretty sure you also need Input Pins like buttons or LED Outputs and so on ) So split your Gauges to multiple Megas and fill up with other devices . then you have no problem! Otherwise reduce number of devices so you finaly not need more then 50 Pins !
Good Luck !
2018-10-28 02:39
icon