MobiFlight Community Support

Welcome to the forum for MobiFlight! Feel free to reach out to the community in case you have questions, issues or just want to share great ideas or details about your latest home cockpit project.

You like MobiFlight? Donate via PayPal and support the MobiFlight development. Thanks! 

icon
herbiem
Supporter
Hi Guys
Well I am nearly there with my version of radio panel for C172 FSX
I have most of it going good and even managed to get OBS and HDG running myself with encoder and read out on LED
The problem I have and it did take some time to find is that my NAV STB ( Output) does not allowed mobiflight to run
Let me try to explain
When I press the "Run" function (the Green right oriented triangle) when I have the Output NAV STB "active" box ticked the "Run" does not run it just keeps going back to Run
If I press, it checks and gets all FSUIPC and Output values but does not remain running.
In fact, "Stop" function (the orange square) gets always grayed after pressing "Run" triangle)
It does not change even if I uncheck the Debug box
The error I get is "Error on config execution. Input string was not in a correct format."
It appears to not Run after I test the NAV Display or make an adjustment with the NAV encoder and will not Run again until I uncheck the NAV STB active box
Test Mode works OK for everything else
I have tried setting up on a test board but still no go
Am I missing something? Here is the set up I am using
OUTPUT NAV STB
Offset - 0X311E
Value Type -int
Size Bytes -2
Mark value - 0xFFFF
BCD ticked
Transform - $+10000
No compare
No Precondition

INPUTS NAV STB
MHz NAV STB - FSUIPC Offset
On left - offset -0x311E
Value type -int
2 Bytes
BCD ticked
Mask value with 0xFFFF
Set value - if($>=900,$-100,$+900)
PRECONDITION -NAV precondition = 1 (AND)
KHz NAV STB - FSUIPC Offset
On left - offset -0x311E
Value type -int
2 Bytes
BCD ticked
Mask value with 0xFFFF
Set value - MHz NAV STB - FSUIPC Offset
On left - offset -0x311E
Value type -int
2 Bytes
BCD ticked
Mask value with 0xFFFF
PRECONDITION -NAV precondition = 0 (AND)
I also have a problem with the NAV Swap button but I will post this as a seperate post once I can get the NAV sorted
Thanks in advance
Ian
2018-09-24 07:31
StephanHo
Supporter
Hi Ian,

the config for your NAV STB Output seems OK.

But the config for the changes with an encoder is wrong.

It seems, that you wand to change the output value direct with the encoder so you take the offset for the output also as input.

An Offset is an Output. You can remember this with O for Offset and O for Output from the sight of the simulation

If you use an encoder you need an input to change the values of the frequency. Inputs are represented as EventIDs
So please try as follows:
To change the MHz
On Left use Event ID 65640 Parameter 0 NAV1_RADIO_WHOLE_DEC
On Right use EventID 65641 Parameter 0 NAV1_RADIO_WHOLE_INC
To change kHz
On Left use EventID 66445 Parameter 0 NAV1_RADIO_FRACT_DEC_CARRY
On Right use EventID 66446 Parameter 0 NAV1_RADIO_FRACT_INC_CARRY
If you use the CARRY-EventID you can change the last MHz-Digit if you have an Over-/Underflow from 9->0 or 9->0
To swap the NAV1-Frequencies use EventID 66448 with Parameter 0 NAV1_RADIO_SWAP

If you use the same designations and change the 1 to 2 then you can search in to the EventID-List also for the EventIDs for NAV2

Try this out and report your experiences
Grüße,
Stephan (Time: UTC+1)
2018-09-24 16:44
pizman82
Supporter
Hi
iconStephanHo:

But the config for the changes with an encoder is wrong.
It seems, that you wand to change the output value direct with the encoder so you take the offset for the output also as input.
An Offset is an Output. You can remember this with O for Offset and O for Output from the sight of the simulation

Thats not 100% correct. For Standard Aircrafts ( and specialy via working with Xplane for example) it is possible and also correct to make Inputs on the SAME Offset like the Outputs..... ( In Xplane there not exist EventID here we MUST do this vioa Offset writing) .... So If the Offset are READ/WRITE and not "READONLY" then you can write them without problems !

iconQuote:

INPUTS NAV STB
MHz NAV STB - FSUIPC Offset
On left - offset -0x311E
Value type -int
2 Bytes
BCD ticked
Mask value with 0xFFFF
PRECONDITION -NAV precondition = 1 (AND)
KHz NAV STB - FSUIPC Offset
On left - offset -0x311E
Value type -int
2 Bytes
BCD ticked
Mask value with 0xFFFF
Set value - MHz NAV STB - FSUIPC Offset
On left - offset -0x311E
Value type -int
2 Bytes
BCD ticked
Mask value with 0xFFFF
PRECONDITION -NAV precondition = 0 (AND)

In that case your Inputs are wrong i think...MF see the issue and block the Run Button !

Problem is you just write this information and i can not see if this is now a error in writing data here in Forum or a Error in your real Config.
You use 2 time ON LEft in the KHZ Config..... And you use in one Set Value field the text "MHz NAV STB - FSUIPC Offset" instead of a If Else

Finaly your settings make no sence cause you use in MHz and Khz the same entrys.... so whatever your "SWAP" Button will work... In both situations it change the Mhz.

If Possible.... Please make screenshots of the INPUT Config Of Encoder and show us the FOUR Pages ( On Left Mhz , On Right Mhz .... On Left Khz .. On Right Khz)
Alternate... send me your config via Email... Pizman@freenet.de .... But stay calm... I will need a few days to check this !

Good Luck !
2018-09-25 12:22
herbiem
Supporter
Thanks Guys for all your help
This is a great program and you are to be commended for making it available to all us captains I intend to make a donation
Only just discovered the list of Event ID so no stopping me now.
I have everything that I need for now working fine using mainly Event ID
Thanks for your suggestions pizman82 but got it all going with Event ID
Now onto the ADF Heading using an encoder and LED display
Thanks again
Ian
2018-09-27 04:54
icon