MobiFlight Community Support

Welcome to the forum for MobiFlight! Feel free to reach out to the community in case you have questions, issues or just want to share great ideas or details about your latest home cockpit project.

You like MobiFlight? Donate via PayPal and support the MobiFlight development. Thanks! 

icon
fazli
hi,, everone
i am confuse about:-
1.what offset for wheel motorized
2.im using servo high tork. 360° what value min and value max at configure

#pmdg 737ng

tq
2018-09-14 17:14
pizman82
Supporter
Trim Wheel and Servo 360° I´m confused.

The Trim Wheel in Real plane is turning lots of circles . I think this can only be done with a stepper !
Good Luck !
2018-09-14 22:18
fazli
i try write offset 0BC2 servo run. but cant get stoped.
just stopped if value 0 or 144.
when climbing and desent servo run counter clock and clockwise perfect.
but is plane stable is supposed servo stoped right.
i think need more adjust at value $. any suggestions
2018-09-15 08:59
fazli
i try write offset 0BC2 servo run. but cant get stoped.
just stopped if value 0 or 144.
when climbing and desent servo run counter clock and clockwise perfect.
but is plane stable is supposed servo stoped right.
i think need more adjust at value $. any suggestions
2018-09-15 09:00
fazli
ok pizzman.i put stepper motor 12v at trim wheel
can u explain about configure
what mean stepper revolution.
1.sim/stepper
what value must i fill

2.calibration manual?
2018-09-20 02:16
pizman82
Supporter
Hi Fazli

We explane that multiple times here in forum in lots of topics.... For detailed information please use "Search" function.

In short words....

SIM Stepper:
SIm Value means the range of the Offsetvalue that should be used with ONE full circle turning the Stepper.
For example a altimeter have a value of 0-20000 ft..... And your needle on gauge should turn 360 ° for every 1000 ft .... So the SIM value must be 1000.
Stepper means the number of steps, your motor need fora full circle....Here most stepper use 2048 .... But it can also be 1024 or 4096 ... You must know youreself how many steps your hardware use... Look at Data sheet OR try out with "Test" Mode in Display tab of your steppr config....
Use Sim Stepper Value 1000/2048 And use Test Value 1000... RUN he Test. Your needle should turn eact 360° .... If YES you got a 2048 Stepper ! If NOT and it turn only 180° you got a 4096 .... If it turn TWO full circles 720° you got a 1024 ! So use the Number you find out here finaly in "Stepper" field of your config !

The "SIM" Value you must find out youreself ( Or somebody who bbuild this already can maby help you )
Basicly.... Read out the Offset 0BC0 ( At first just in a config WITHOUT Motor or device ... Just for testing)
Now get in your PMDG and make the Trim to lowest Position .... Check for the Value ( If i remember right it was MINUS 5000 )
Then run the Trim in virtual Cockpit so much you got nearly a Full circle of Virtual Trim Wheel.
Check again the Value and the difference from last one.... so you know the "range" of 1 virtual circle of trim Wheel.
For more accurate result you should turn the Trim wheel maby 10-20 times and always calculate the single value ( Pretty sure you can not 100% turn it 360° . So the middle of this 20 Values will represent a good result) . Alternate: Turn it 20 times in Virtual Cockpit.... Calculate the Range for 20 Turns and then divide through 20 ... The Result also show you the range for 1 turn !

Summary...
You know now the SIM Value ( The calculated Offset range of a virtual 360° turn )
You know your Stepper Value (from Testing)

Note: With this standard PMDG System the Zero Point is somewhere in the middle ( Range is -5000 to +16383 )
Maby you need to rework the range with Copare or interpolation if the result not is what you like.

You can also increase/decrease the number of turns of trim wheel by manipulationg the "SIM" wheel.
For example if you use the Double value ( Your calculated SIM Value simply multiply *2 ) then the wheel turn only 180° when the virtual one is turning 360°
Maby its to much if it turn 20-30 times like in real. Find out with testing !
Good Luck !
2018-09-20 09:35
fazli
tq pizman u are good teacher. now i am happy my trim wheel stab functioning perfectly.

next step. thorttle motorized. take a time for study my project.

tq
2018-09-20 10:08
pizman82
Supporter
Throttle will be a more difficult part.

Always think.....
Mobiflight have Outputs and Inputs.....
Your Trimwheel can be a Input (Encoder) so you can turn it to change the Trim
OR
It can be a Output (Motor) ... So it will turn by motor and show you the current state.

BUT It is not possible to make Both together..... If you turn the wheel by hand aslong the motor is on you will kill it. If you disable the motor (electricial or by software) then the Zero Point is lost.

For Trimwheel this is no Problem.... Here you can simply NOT touch it by hand and do manual trim by the +/- Buttons on yoke... So the Wheel is finaly a 100% Output.

For Throttle this will not work. ... Cause here you MUST controll it by hand AND Controll it by Motor. So you need a mechanic (Special servo) that is not demagged when you move it by hand..
Second you need a logic to SPLIT the System..... So you devine a Situation when you controll by hand OR You controll by motor.
If Motor is Active AND you tryto move Throttle same time by hand you will kill again the Motor ( Or it will not move and turn back imidiatly to old position).

There exist some solutions already.... But we not find a way to simulate for example the cancled Takeoff Situation where you pull Throttle to Idle whatever AT is active and TOGA in progress. ( or the HOLD Function when you reduce power by hand in a Level Change Descent )
Good Luck !
2018-09-20 11:38
fazli
hi, i running stepper motor right side and write offset
0BC2.

can i running left side stab wheel another offset?
any offset can reading as stab wheel.
like thorttle engine one engine two
2018-11-06 16:53
icon