MobiFlight Community Support

Welcome to the forum for MobiFlight! Feel free to reach out to the community in case you have questions, issues or just want to share great ideas or details about your latest home cockpit project.

You like MobiFlight? Donate via PayPal and support the MobiFlight development. Thanks! 

icon
herbiem
Supporter
Am currently building my version of C172 panel for FSX
Have most radios sorted ( thanks for the help so far) and working on the AP
I have the Altitude going good and adjusting with an encoder but the Vertical speed is not showing correctly on the 7 segment LED display
I have searched through the forums but could no find anything that relates to my problem
This is what I have. When the VS is in the positive that is climbing the display shows correctly but when I change it to descending the - it reads 0-300
instead of -0300. The MF outputs 'FSUIPC Value' is showing -300 and the "Offset Value" is showing -300
I have played around with Transform and compare but cannot get this to display correctly. I am sure it is a simple fix but as I am still learning some help would be appreciated
Ian
2018-09-06 01:42
pizman82
Supporter
Hi Ian

Simply use the" LEFT Padding" Function in the Display Tab enable .... and choose "SPACE" as option.
[Last edited by pizman82, 2018-09-06 06:44]
Good Luck !
2018-09-06 03:15
herbiem
Supporter
Thanks pizman82
I had tried that and what I get is a readout of "-300" not "-0300" as displayed on the FSX C172
have also tried other combinations of left padding , no left padding , 0 or space am I missing something
If i set left padding & 0 I get "0-300
If i set no left padding & 0 I get "-3000"
If i set no left padding & space I get "-3000"

This is my Output FSUIPC
Offset - 0x07F2
Value type - Int
Size Bytes - 2
Mask value with - 0XFFFF
No BCD
No transform
No Compare
No precondition
2018-09-06 23:28
pizman82
Supporter
Ok Thats a bit Difficult ! I´m sorry i wrong understand your initial posting !

I never fly with a Real C172 .... So i don´t know how this is in Real ( maby a licensed Pilot here can awnser this)
The PMDG Boeing for example show negaive VS as Mobiflight.... So -150 = -150 and NOT -0150. (Pretty shure Real B737 works same)
So maby this "-0300" is just a issue in FSX and it is not like real !

Solution.
At the moment i know NO easy way to solve this with just a simple config..... (If anybody have a idea to do this... Please Reply )

After some thinking i see two ways....

1. Working with 3 Configs instead of 1 ..... Using Preconditions......
So Regulary Config workes for VS 0 and more and -1000 and less ( so the problematic Part -50 to -950 is out of this range)
Second ( and 3rd ) Config will then Controll this Part (-50 to -950 ) and will push the additional "0" between Minus and Value - 0 XXX
(Not test this... But in Theory this should work )

2. Working with a outsourced "Minus"
The Left Diggit is in a own config and will show "-" or 0 ( Whatever the VS is Zero/Positiv or Negative)
The Real Config now is only on the 4 Diggits right of the "Minus" .... To make this work we need a compare so the "Negative Values" will be compared to positive values ( without that the Display again show its own Minus while value is negative like --300)
Maby correct compare is IF Value less then Zero <0 THEN $*-1 ..... Finaly you need Left Padding ON Typ "Zero" here

Summary.... Possible.... But think about if you realy want this workflow for just a optical part that is finaly (for me) not logical and real.
[Last edited by pizman82, 2018-09-07 16:19]
Good Luck !
2018-09-07 06:39
herbiem
Supporter
Thanks pizman82
i have decided to leave it as it is
Thanks for your help and advice
Ian
2018-09-09 10:03
icon