MobiFlight Community Support

Welcome to the forum for MobiFlight! Feel free to reach out to the community in case you have questions, issues or just want to share great ideas or details about your latest home cockpit project.

You like MobiFlight? Donate via PayPal and support the MobiFlight development. Thanks! 

icon
Coco737
Sorry if I'm stating the obvious but the built in Event ID in MF is it not for PMDG as the numbers don't match the Downloaded PDF.

Coco
2018-08-18 20:10
StephanHo
Supporter
Hi coco,

your information is a bit short.

Which EventID do you mean and what PDF (link)?
Grüße,
Stephan (Time: UTC+1)
2018-08-18 21:34
Coco737
What I'm trying to say is. Are the Built in Pre Sets for Event ID for use with SimConnect or PMDG ? and the PDF I'm referring to is the List of PMDG Event ID's
2018-08-19 11:44
paul_max
Supporter
Hi Coco

Some people have used FSUIPC to convert PMDG events to spare (or custom) offsets.
MF can then process those custom offsets.

Google "fsuipc pmdg offsets" and read the PDF files.

Cheers Paul
2018-08-19 12:41
StephanHo
Supporter
Hi Coco,

Mobiflight does not communicate with the PMDG directly. Always via FSUIPC and FSUIPC distributes the tasks.

To work with Mobiflight FSUIPC is mandatory, otherwise nothing works.

It is recommended to use FSUIPC in the paid version (but not required for all applications).
Grüße,
2018-08-19 16:26
Coco737
Thanks. Yes I use Fsuipc for pmdg/mobiflight outputs but you have to use events for inputs on pmdg/mf what I was asking was were the event id presets that are built into mobiflight for pmdg or simconnect. Just so I didn't have to refer to the pmdg list all the time.
2018-08-19 16:41
StephanHo
Supporter
Coco,

do you have this list?

https://myhomecockpit.de/PMDG_737NGX_EVENT_IDs_SP1d.pdf

The presets are only for FSUIPC. If addon aircraft are used, they need their own lists for offsets and eventIDs.
Grüße,
2018-08-19 16:47
paul_max
Supporter
Coco

I think you will find that FSUIPC is bidirectional - you can read or write the custom offsets.

That allows you to read or write PMDG values.

Simples!

Paul
2018-08-19 17:11
pizman82
Supporter
iconpaul_max:

I think you will find that FSUIPC is bidirectional - you can read or write the custom offsets.

Wrong !
PMDG Values on FSUIPC are Read Only !
Inputs are done ONLY via EventID !

Guys.... Please try to awnser just the direct question !

Summary please simply read the initial Posting of Coco.... And also his second Posting....
He not need to know how FSUIPC work or some technical stuff !!
iconCoco737:

Sorry if I'm stating the obvious but the built in Event ID in MF is it not for PMDG as the numbers don't match the Downloaded PDF.
I was asking was were the event id presets that are built into mobiflight for pmdg or simconnect. Just so I didn't have to refer to the pmdg list all the time

So Simply awnser to his question.....
NO..... PMDG Offsets are NOT include in the Preset Tab of Mobiflight Event ID Section and it is not planed to do that in the future !
Presets was a idea in the past... But there exist hundrets of Aircrafts and Systems... So finaly its much more easy to have a own List 8 PDF, Paper etc) and enter the data manualy . Supporting all Presets for all AddOns will bring a list with 10.000 entrys.... Much more difficult as seting it by hand !
Good Luck !
2018-08-22 08:25
paul_max
Supporter
Pizman,

I did not say that PMDG values were writeable.

I said FSUIPC offsets can be read and written i.e. bidirectional. Nor did I claim that FSIUPC would react to every offset change.

I think you have expected too much from the "bidirectional" term.

Inside a Windows process there is no protected memory. An app or DLL can read or write any byte within the process address space.

Cheers Paul
2018-08-22 10:01
Coco737
Thanks for spotting that Pizman, although any feedback is welcome. I'll just filter what I need :). It's cool I have the PMDG PFD's printed but as you know we are all lazy and presets are just the Mutts Nuts but hey ho we'll get there in the end.

Coco
2018-08-22 13:46
pizman82
Supporter
@ Paul....

Sorry for missunderstanding.

Was a bad time i wrote this posting... May i was a bit stressed and get bad mood.

No offense ;)
Good Luck !
2018-08-25 12:27
icon