MobiFlight Community Support

Welcome to the forum for MobiFlight! Feel free to reach out to the community in case you have questions, issues or just want to share great ideas or details about your latest home cockpit project.

You like MobiFlight? Donate via PayPal and support the MobiFlight development. Thanks! 

Go to page 1Go to page 112Go to page 3Go to page 2
StephanHo
Supporter
Exactly.

What on one MEGA no longer fits, is connected to the next.
When it's fully stocked, it's the next one.

It can become a neverending story ;)
Grüße,
Stephan
2018-08-27 17:48
Banzai
Ok can you tell me how i do this?
One master card and one slave with one connexion usb?
Or one connexion usb for each card?

Thanks
2018-08-27 19:18
StephanHo
Supporter
Banzai,

it's quite easy.

Write the Firmware on the MEGA, define your devices and burn them into the EEPROM of the MEGA (like the first modul). Do not forget to save the devicefile on your HDU (mfmc-file).
Then restart Mobiflight. You should see now two modules in the list. You can give this module an individual name (Save on Module and the file on HDU).
Now you can begin to configure you devices on the main screen of Mobiflight (there, where your configs from modul one are). That's it.

Mobiflight does not know master/slave modules, all modules are master-modules. Connect them direct to your PC or via USB-hub.
Grüße,
Stephan
2018-08-27 19:40
paul_max
Supporter
Bonjour Banzai,

Yes one USB port for each Arduino.

Each Arduino should associate with a unique physical USB port. Then Windows will use a consistent port name in MF.

If you plug USB devices into different ports some software will have problems.

Cordialement
Paul
2018-08-27 19:43
pizman82
Supporter
I Not understand his grafic !!!

V1 V2 v3 etc means pretty shure testruns i think..... So he increase the numer of used devices on every Run !

Question.... Do you mean you ADD Devices on your Mega ... OR Do you mean you run in the software in every try additional Configs .... But ALL Devices are STILL set in "Device Setting Tab" on Ardiono while all Vx Testruns ?

The "Problem" is not if you use a Config for a device.... Here the Problem occure if you Set to mutch devices on The MEGA by Settings/Device Tab !!
So if your Hardware Setup is wrong( To much pins in use) then the Testruns will not show the real Problem.

I think exactily that happend... Cause.... In the ERROR Runs i see you not use all Stuff..... Basicly only 40-45 Pins in use at the moment... BUT As i said. I Think you already Set this Pins in Arduino that time.

Correct ??
Good Luck !
2018-08-28 17:03
Banzai
Hello
I explain my method
First i ad one device in settings tab
I made a config input or output
Close and restart mobiflight run and look

I am not setting all device in settings tab just one after one
but i can not use all the pins arduino because i get error the arduino accept the input or output ,but mobiflight dont run it in debbug line and also i have one or two settings i have made beefore(switch,encoder,or led)dont run

The x is device setting/config running
The / is device not setting
The error is device settings/config but running with error
[Last edited by Banzai, 2018-08-29 08:57]
2018-08-29 08:46
pizman82
Supporter
OK.
I try to summary that.... Lets use for example V4 and V5 to figure this out !

In V4 all "X" devices are create in the /Settings/Mobiflight Board Tab AND are UPLOAD to the Board.
The "/" Parts are NOT create as Device on the Mega at this time !!! ( So i understand your last posting)

In V5 you only add ONE new Device ... ( Button on Pin 6 Named "CMD B" ) and you UPLOAD this new device to Board.
All other things are 1:1 same like in V4 ... And Again... The "/" marked things are NOT Created on the Board again.... Right? )

If NOW comes an error on VSpeed .... I can not understand the issue.

You have now ( at this moment) a Use of :
Displays 3 Pins ( One Chain)
LED: 13 Pins
Button/Encoder : 27 Pins ( 28 in V5)

Whatever.... You reach NO Limit .... Not the 50 Hard Cap..... Not the Limits of Inputs, Outputs etc.

Summary....
There is no Problem i can see here ( If it´s true you NOT create the other items already that time)

The Only thing (Paul said this in a older topic already) .... Maby you Reach Limit of Device Names and overflow the Ram.
Use simple Names all the Time ! ( Myself i use maximal 6 or 8 Diggits... And Only A-Z an 1-0 No Signs like -_/&%$§ And No Spaces.)

Finaly.... Can you confirm a Reset of Mega will help ( Or can you do a test with a different Mega )
For example SAVE Your setting ( That have a Problem like V5 V6 ) to a MFMC File ( Use Save in the Device Setting Tab)
Then Reset Your MEGA by using the EEPROM CLEAR Sketch and install again fresh firmware and reupload the saved MFMC File.
((Or use a complete New Mega here))

If possible please confirm the Problem is gone or it is still there with other Megas.
Good Luck !
2018-08-31 14:52
Banzai
hello
i followed your advice and reduced the designation of input /output and settings device and all works:thumbup:
all pins are running
thank you problem solved
2018-09-01 22:00
pizman82
Supporter
@ Stephan @ Sebastian...

This fact should be a topic in our meeting next time.....

I not know if his devicenames are "old" and are already exist from 7.4 ??? Sebastian said he limit the device names to 8 Numbers ( or 12 i´m not shure)
BUT.... If this Problem is still here.... We should maby check this fact..... Maby the Limit is already to high and we should limit the Device Name length much more conservative to prevent this problems for all time. .... Sumary from lots of Bug Reports i can simply say..... When the user use "extrem" short names without symbols all problems are gone and they "all" report a working system.... Lets think about a shorter limit !
Good Luck !
2018-09-10 00:40
StephanHo
Supporter
As far as I know the limit is 16 characters.

8 should be a bit short and 12?
Grüße,
Stephan
2018-09-10 00:46
pizman82
Supporter
I think the Problem is the RAM ( Sebastian said this in the past too.)

So.... Important is that Mobiflight is running well..... We can not increase the Arduino RAM..... Summary we need a System ( Limit of length) that is working.
I agree a 8 Diggit Limit is verry short and finaly need a Excel File or a Written list and every device is just a "Code" like "A24B26C1"
BUT.... If this is the only way to garantee a 100% stable system i think THIS is better like 12/16 Diggits but then Bugs if somebody use to much long names !

Lets talk about that in the meeting..... Pretty shure we find a way that is 100% stable and also comfortable for the users !
Good Luck !
2018-09-10 00:52
Go to page 1Go to page 112Go to page 3Go to page 2