MobiFlight Community Support

Welcome to the forum for MobiFlight! Feel free to reach out to the community in case you have questions, issues or just want to share great ideas or details about your latest home cockpit project.

You like MobiFlight? Donate via PayPal and support the MobiFlight development. Thanks! 

icon
fazli
hi, all
i want build thorttle quadron b737
my question is.
1- what event id number i must fill input mobiflight and Mouse flags for mouse simulated events.

thurst lever 1
flap
airbrake
arm
reverse thurst.
toga.

2-mobiflight can support potentional switch?
any suggestions electronik part for thurst lever engine 1&2.
2018-08-06 19:54
fazli
iconfazli:

hi, all
i want build thorttle quadron b737
my question is.
1- what event id number i must fill input mobiflight and Mouse flags for mouse simulated events.

thurst lever 1
flap
airbrake
arm
reverse thurst.
toga.

2-mobiflight can support potentional switch?

2018-08-06 19:55
StephanHo
Supporter
Hi fazil,

which B737 do you mean? Standard? PMDG? X-Plane?
To help you we need a bit more input.
Grüße,
Stephan (Time: UTC+1)
2018-08-06 21:12
fazli
pmdg b737
2018-08-07 09:08
StephanHo
Supporter
Hi fazil,

look in your ...\fsx\modules\FsUIPC Documents\ - Folder. There you will find the file Offset Mapping for PMDG 737NGX.pdf
In this document read the section CONTROL STAND. He you will find all you needed EVENT-IDs.
Grüße,
2018-08-07 16:40
Gemu
Hi Fazil,

I have a selfmade TQ, but it is B-777 style. I use this with PMDG 737, 747, 777 without any problems.
My TQ has 8 analoge axis. 2 Thrust, 2 Reverser, 2 Trim, Flaps and Speedbrake. And for shure all the nessesary switches.

iconQuote:

If you build a 737 you only need 6 axis. I don´t belive an analoge axis for the trim wheel would be very practicable. If you use FSUIPC to assign your TQ - what I recommend you - be aware, that FSUIPC allow only 6 axis per controller. I found this out the hard way. :(
In my TQ I had to use 2 HID-Controllers.
I don´t use Mobiflight in my TQ, all works direct with FSUIPC - only parkingbrake light come from MF

iconQuote:

First off all, don´t think about Event-ID´s at this moment. If you like you need not any one for PMDG and a Throtte Quadrant.

You need a construction with 6 axis. Lever 1 + 2 goes to 2 linear potis 10 k. I used flat alps potis, because I don´t like gearings. In the housing I have to use round potis for the reversers - with gearings due to the less space. Flaps and speedbrake is similar to the levers.
Then you need minimum 2 momentary buttons on the lever housings/handles for TOGA and AT-Disconnect. Further you need 4 toggle switches. 2 for Fuel and 2 for Trim Cutoff. At least 1 switch for the parking brake. I use here a fat momentary toggle switch to be in synch with my brake pedals.

Look for an good HID-Controller like Leo Bodnars BU0836X (expensive but very good) which has 8 axis and 32 Buttons, so you can allocate the few TQ buttons allso on this controller. With FSUIPC (paid version) you can connect the complete TQ. If you need parkingbrake light or else on your TQ use Mobiflight.
The most significant in TQ building is the mechanical part, all the rest is easy.

Greetings

Gert
2018-08-08 00:00
fazli
first thank you for respon
leo board can access direct usb to pc like joystick?
i am from Malaysia. any web site can i buy?

fazli
2018-08-08 17:05
fazli
can i used diy keyboard button like emulation board key
2018-08-08 17:07
Gemu
iconQuote:

leo board can access direct usb to pc like joystick?

Yes, just plug in an connect your axis and switches.

http://www.leobodnar.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=94&products_id=180

You don´t have to use this, there are many USB-Controllers on market. You also can flash an arduino with a special firmware to get a HID-Controller, or cannibalise a joystick with the sufficent number of axis.

iconQuote:

can i used diy keyboard button like emulation board key

You need analogue axis, at least for 1 thrust lever, the rest can be do with buttons - but honestly, if you make all this mechanical work for a throttle quadrant, you should use a normal 6 or 8 axis HID-Controller, with 32 buttons and not fiddle around with diy keyboards - unless you like throttle you plane with a switch.
2018-08-08 23:15
fazli
if i used leo board for tq.can i use my joystick pxn as yoke aleron and elevator same time
2018-08-09 03:57
StephanHo
Supporter
Hi facile,

That should be possible without any problems. Anything that does not work on Mobiflight works directly with FSUIPC.
Only in the FSX make sure to completely remove the axes and switches for the HID devices. Otherwise there are duplicate assignments that prevent a good simulation.
Grüße,
2018-08-09 09:24
fazli
i dicide use arduino mega card. for thorttle quadron. many switch i prepared.
i check ivent id for thurst lever fwd 70315 engine 1
70318 engine 2.
only two ivent id. ist can use? how can thusrt lever max,min or half. i think not complete. can explain?
2018-08-14 06:49
fazli
last night i try to running servo for thurst lever engine.
servo running but not accurate.
i think min and max limit not correctly set
what value i must be set :
min=
max=
%limit=

# i used 360° modify
any one person can explain
2018-08-16 06:57
icon