MobiFlight Community Support

Welcome to the forum for MobiFlight! Feel free to reach out to the community in case you have questions, issues or just want to share great ideas or details about your latest home cockpit project.

You like MobiFlight? Donate via PayPal and support the MobiFlight development. Thanks! 

icon
bennnozgurum
First of all, thanks for your great effort for improving mobiflight :) . My question is: Will you give any information about how to use these new options come with 7.5.0? Lua and Vjoy function? I searched the forum but I couldn't find how to use these function. I tried my lua functions but I couldnt manage them to work. Also I don't know about Vjoy? Thank you very much again...
2018-07-18 15:17
pizman82
Supporter
Hi Beno

This features are pretty new and i not find time until now to install 7.5 on my system. ( Work until wednesday)

A little problem is that this features are not done personaly by sebastian.... Its from other users via Github.
I Still hoped these guys will puplish here a little "how to do - tutorial" but i must say i not know them and also not know if they are here in forum :confused:

So.... I will try out as soon as possible and learn to work with. Maby a other user (or the programmers themself) can make a short tutorial for that.
If not you must wait for me or find out youreself.

Sorry for that !
Good Luck !
2018-07-20 22:26
bennnozgurum
Thank you for your response, my old friend :)...

I'm done with vjoy function. It is perfect in deed, especially for us who are building cockpits of different aircrafts from PMDG 737... I couldn't manage to work lua functions and this is probably because of Lua Macros name format... I have tried lots of format but again couldn't get it work...

I agree with you, we have to wait a little...

:) :) :) :) :)
2018-07-21 13:19
souza
Supporter
hello....i am waiting too for a "tutorial" that how we can use the VJOY with MF
:rolleyes:
SIMULAR É...
2018-08-30 19:09
myflightdeck
If everyone is waiting for a tutorial, let's reach out to the person that added the addition in the git repository and ask them to provide some video. Who added it? Are they on the Forum? If so let's ask them to provide a tutorial. If anyone else has used the vjoy with macros and or lua scripts, Lvars etc. Please take a few minutes and post a step-by-step tutorial. A video would even be better.
2019-12-20 14:51
pizman82
Supporter
You mix "VJoy" and "LuaPlugIn" .... TWO Different Systems

VJoy allow to set virtual Joystickbuttons and need installation of the VJoy Software ( That create the Buttons) ..... Mobiflight then just "talk" to VJoy and say something like "If my Button on Mega Pin XY i pressed then please lovely Vjoy simmulate a Buttonpress of Joystick X Button Y in the sim"

The LUA Plug In is a Comunication Plattform directly to FSUIPC to Run and Stop Macros.

iconmyflightdeck:

If everyone is waiting for a tutorial, let's reach out to the person that added the addition in the git repository and ask them to provide some video.

Basicly your Idea is good.... But mostly those guys are programmers who build those tools for themself and just "give away" it to Sebastian and Mobiflight. Those guys know themself how there code is working and have no needness to explane it or write guides.
In easy words.... The give us there tool and code for free but not like to invest there time anymore. Mostly they think if somebody like to use it then he must simply learn himself how it work.

I Think Vjoy is self explaning and 10 minutes research in google will tell you all you need to know.
The Lua Tool is more advanced, but people who need this still can write Lua Macros and know to handle them. So most of them intuitive understand also this PlugIn cause they are advanced users already.

Whatever.... Everybody here can improove us. Write a Guide with screenshots. Send it To sebastian and he can include them in the Tutorials Area !
Good Luck !
2019-12-20 15:24
icon