MobiFlight Community Support

Welcome to the forum for MobiFlight! Feel free to reach out to the community in case you have questions, issues or just want to share great ideas or details about your latest home cockpit project.

You like MobiFlight? Donate via PayPal and support the MobiFlight development. Thanks! 

icon
jmlohrenz
Has anyone interfaced with a Maestro and MobiFlight to control several servos from one Mega? I currently have an 18 servo Maestro controller and would love to interface it to MobiFlight.
Pololu has libraries to interface with arduino cards.

Thanks.
2018-07-16 06:47
StephanHo
Supporter
Hi jmlohrenz,

welcome to MobiFlight!

Of course MF can control servos (see tutorial). Whether this works with your additional card, you should be able to find out. If you know how MF controls a servo, then you can see from the inputs on your add-on card if that can work.

Whether this additional card is already used by someone, I can not say. Anyway, I'm reading this for the first time.

MobiFlight does not use any additional libraries currently loaded. The libraries are "built in" when compiled. The then existing options must then be incorporated into the UI, because the code itself is not accessible.

Please keep in mind that most MF users do not want to program, they want to build a cockpit, which is complicated enough and then to acquire a complex programming language is something that most would like to avoid. With MF this is pretty easy and successful ;)
Grüße,
Stephan
2018-07-16 10:45
icon