MobiFlight Community Support

Welcome to the forum for MobiFlight! Feel free to reach out to the community in case you have questions, issues or just want to share great ideas or details about your latest home cockpit project.

You like MobiFlight? Donate via PayPal and support the MobiFlight development. Thanks! 

Go to page 1Go to page 012Go to page 2Go to page 2
cdrf1981
Hi, i got Mobiflight fully working with Inputs and Outputs but sometimes i flip a switch and i see the internal arduino led blinking confirming that read the switch but int the simulator the switch doesnt move. I have to return the switch and flip it again to work.

This happens sometimes with every switch , any ideia of what this problem may be ?

Best Regards
Carlos
2018-07-07 13:47
StephanHo
Supporter
Hi Carlos,

please start MF and go to EXTRAS -> SETTINGS -> FSUIPC.

Here you have a slider (100 - 500 ms) which shows you the sequence MF "talk" to FSUIPC. Normaly this slider is in the middle (250 or 300 ms).
Try a shorter time and put the slider to the left (shorter time). But do it only step by step an watch what MF is doing. If your issue decrease but is not away, go on reducing until the problem is away.
Grüße,
Stephan
2018-07-08 09:57
pizman82
Supporter
Hi

This is also the symptom of a big internal Problem we call the "Logging Debug BUG"

Please for testing ( If Stephans suggestion not help) activate the LOGGING Mode ( in Settings Tab) and Choose Typ: "DEBUG" .

If you be one of the Users with this Bug then it should be work Ok after Logging Mode is ON.... But Note we get reports that THEN the Encoders can get into trouble !

Appology if you got the Bug.... We still think about a solution but we already not find a way.
Good Luck !
2018-07-18 04:21
souza
Supporter
hello my MOBIFRIENDS....i am experiencing the same problem, some times a switch work, and some times no, i was thinking that could be a problem in my GND conecctors, because i chained all the GND switches to the same wire, is there some problem doing these?
another point, i am not using a power suply, only the USB conector.
SIMULAR É...
2018-08-07 01:25
StephanHo
Supporter
Hi souza,

it is ok to make all GND connections chained. Best would be to connect als GNDs on one point (star shape).

If you only use switches (max. 50 per module), it is also permissible to combine multiple GNDs of switches (e.g., all center contacts to one line). Just do not forget to connect to the main GND.
Also note the hint from pizman above.
Grüße,
Stephan
2018-08-07 16:47
souza
Supporter
thank you StephanHO...i made exactly like Pizman82 sad, but the problem persist to appear, i tried to set down the FSUIPC speed, is the same problem, and another question, when i setting in LOGGING DEBUG,i keep these adjust?
Dont work for me.
SIMULAR É...
2018-08-08 03:27
souza
Supporter
hello my friends, had you some news about these problem?
interesting, i tested the toggle switch, tested the wire connection and wire itself, changed the Arduino board, reviewed all program in MF, butt i dont know what could causing these problem, somes switchs insist not work.
the led blink on the board, butt the funcion doesnt appear on the MF monitor and doesnt change in FSX.
i hope that some one could fix these.
huges from BRAZIL.
SIMULAR É...
2018-08-13 19:39
FoxLee
Hi friends!
I am experiencing this problem and it is quite annoying... Mobiflight is great and everything else work great, but switches are not always responsive. I might found a “solution” to this, i set the fsuipc slider all the way to 500ms, the switches will respond after half a second, but they tend to become a lot more responsive... (Although then, my 7 segment display will respond slowly) (at least this works for me)
Just hoping this comment might help someone! A big thank you to the developers!
2018-08-14 18:08
karla
I remember this problem was mentioned elsewhere and I took the advice to activate the LOGGING DEBUG which improved the situation a little - but was not totally reliable. Rotary switching was particularly unreliable and my technique has since been to switch my controls v-e-r-y s-l-o-w-l-y -hoping not to catch them napping!. I will try the FSUIPC delay tactic next time, thanks.

A couple of months ago I thought that an electrical delay or some similar method may do the trick so I tried a couple of small value capacitors in series with a switch - which was unsuccessful. Unfortunately didn't have a decent range of capacitors in my parts box to carry out a wider trial. I'm sure one of you chaps would be able to suggest a method of 'slowing' or 'smoothing' the sharp signal from the toggle/rotary switch into a signal that the Arduino/Mobiflight combination would respond to.
2018-08-16 23:41
pizman82
Supporter
Hi Guys.

I not find time to test 7.5 until now ( was on Holiday last weeks) . But it sounds that the problem is still there. I realy hope Sebastian can fix this MAJOR BUG in the future. If only my system is problematic i must handle this myself... But even more people report this. So it MUST be solved if maby 20-50% of Users can not work with MF finaly !

About solution:

Aslong we can not fix this i recommend to think about a improvisional solution:
Problematic are only STATIC Switches.... Like a ON OFF latching switch or a 4 Position Rotary Switch....Cause here the switch is in XX Position in Homecockpit but a missing command to Simulator will ocure in a non-sync situation.... Biggest Problem is if we have no other indicator ( Like in Landing Light) We must belive that Light is ON if Switch is ON.... On 10.000ft we not "see" if its realy on.

So summary... We need to "exclude" all Inputs that work with static switches from the current problematic MF System. And here since 7.5 we have the VJoy System.
As i see till now the VJoy is not involved from the "Loggin Debug Problem".
I Recommend: Create ALL Inputs of Static Switches via a Joystick VJOY Button.... And Set this function Via FSUIPC (Reg version) or direct in Simulator.

THEN.... All this should work fine.... Only the Momentary buttons are work via Mobiflight . Here there can be missing commands, too.... But here we simply push the button 2-3 times more in bad case and it will work.... Also all Momentary Buttons got normaly a status LED.... So we see if Push have worked or not.
Good Luck !
2018-08-22 08:01
souza
Supporter
hay pizman82...(I Recommend: Create ALL Inputs of Static Switches via a Joystick VJOY Button.... And Set this function Via FSUIPC (Reg version) or direct in Simulator.) i just had installed Vjoy softaware, i am trying to connect the MEGA 2560....butt i cant....could you give the way to do this.
SIMULAR É...
2018-08-29 20:37
pizman82
Supporter
Hi
There is no real guide or tutorial written till now.....

But in short words:

You must install the VJOY Software.
There In the "Configure Vjoy" application you define your VJOY Joysticks.... You can say how many buttons should be there ( Not use more then 32 cause FSX/P3D will only see 32 per Stick) ... You can also create "Axis" but note this is not realy needed aslong Mobiflight will not support potentiometers in the future.

So i recommend.... Create One ( Or more ) VJoy Joysticks..... And Use always 32 Buttons and disabled all axis!
After Save and Close of this Programm the Sticks exist "virtual" in your System.

NOW Start Mobiflight
In a Input Config you can Choose now the option " VJOY " instead of EventID- FSUIPC Offset and so on.
There you define: What Joystick ( If you have more then one) .... What Button .... And if Button should be Pushed or Released
!!!! For a Momentary function you must work On Press = Button push .... On release = Button Release to simulate a momentary Push !

Now yur Mobiflight Button will simulate a Push of the Virtual Joystick..... You can define THIS Virtual Button now in for example FSX or in your AddOn or in FSUIPC/Linda.
For the System this is the same like a Real Joystick that is connected on your USB Port !
Good Luck !
2018-08-31 15:59
souza
Supporter
thank you so much pizman82... i am going to check these now...and i will feed back.
SIMULAR É...
2018-09-01 00:44
souza
Supporter
iconpizman82:

Hi
There is no real guide or tutorial written till now.....

But in short words:

You must install the VJOY Software.
There In the "Configure Vjoy" application you define your VJOY Joysticks.... You can say how many buttons should be there ( Not use more then 32 cause FSX/P3D will only see 32 per Stick) ... You can also create "Axis" but note this is not realy needed aslong Mobiflight will not support potentiometers in the future.

So i recommend.... Create One ( Or more ) VJoy Joysticks..... And Use always 32 Buttons and disabled all axis!
After Save and Close of this Programm the Sticks exist "virtual" in your System.

NOW Start Mobiflight
In a Input Config you can Choose now the option " VJOY " instead of EventID- FSUIPC Offset and so on.
There you define: What Joystick ( If you have more then one) .... What Button .... And if Button should be Pushed or Released
!!!! For a Momentary function you must work On Press = Button push .... On release = Button Release to simulate a momentary Push !

Now yur Mobiflight Button will simulate a Push of the Virtual Joystick..... You can define THIS Virtual Button now in for example FSX or in your AddOn or in FSUIPC/Linda.
For the System this is the same like a Real Joystick that is connected on your USB Port ![/quote

....QUESTION:
how the system can detect my MEGA2560 LIKE A virtual joystick?
really i doing every i can do this, but no way to work..
1 -i had installed vjoy perfectly.
2-i had created 2 virtual joysticks with 32 buttons e no axis
3- i aplyed these in MF like a vjoy button.
4- i iam trying to assign these button in de FSUIPC (registered) or FSX CONTROL TABLE.
NO WAY:cry:

SIMULAR É...
2018-09-01 01:33
pizman82
Supporter
You mix up two systems i think !

iconQuote:

how the system can detect my MEGA2560 LIKE A virtual joystick?

THIS is not possible directly!

You have 2 Ways.

1. Make a Arduino into a REAL "HID Joystick"
Here you need some Librarys like the "Heronimus Script" or UNOJOY. google for that like " Arduino to Joystick"
NOTE: This is not easy with a MEGA.... Yust with a UNO/MIcro/Leo ... Mega need a difficult Software Rebuild.
ALSO NOTE: THEn the Mega can not be used for Mobiflight ! Its now a Joystick.... And nothing Else.

2 . Use a Mega for a Virtual Joystick ( like VJOY )
This is what i explane.... The MEGA is here already a Mobiflight Board.... NOT a Joystick !
The Virtual Joystick (VJOY) is just a Device that is recived by Windows ! .... So Windows "mean" the Joystick is realy existing on a HID Port.
What we do now is "tell" Vjoy Software when it should simulate a Push or a Release of a Button.... and this can be done by the New Mobiflight Tool.

Summary....
If you need a joystick (external of Mobiflight) choose way 1.
If you use Mobiflight here then MF must RUN ..... Only difference to the past is.... Now Mobiflight not send a Command to FSUIPC or a Event if you push a Button..... NOW it send a command to VJOY and VJOY will simulate the button push !

Big Benfit.... with this technix a Mega is not limited as Joystick.... you can for example use 32 Pins as VJOY Buttons and the other Pins for LED or something else.

Additional Note: Get Shure your created Joysticks are seen by Windows and FSX ( And also by Mobiflight) "Maby" a Restart after create the Stick in VJoy is needed ONETIME so Windows got it in registry.
Good Luck !
2018-09-01 04:51
Go to page 1Go to page 012Go to page 2Go to page 2