MobiFlight Community Support

Welcome to the forum for MobiFlight! Feel free to reach out to the community in case you have questions, issues or just want to share great ideas or details about your latest home cockpit project.

You like MobiFlight? Donate via PayPal and support the MobiFlight development. Thanks! 

icon
skydreams17
Hey,
I recently just installed mobiflight and it is great! I have done all the tutorials, however, I do not understand how to read certain bits on the Gear lever. I would use the default but it does not work when I do a light test.
In the 737NGX offsets, it says the name is MAIN_annunGEAR_locked[3], the offset is 0x6573 and that the bits are 3. I do not understand though. How do I read one of the gear lights position (e.g left moving) from this, as well as the nose moving, and right moving from only 1 offset. How do I read different bits and know which one is which?
Any help or a tutorial would be much appreciated.
Thanks,
Alexander
2018-06-18 11:16
JendaBenda
Hi, if you see in offsets [3], thats mean fot example 1 gear have 0x6573, 2 gear 0x6574, and 3 gear 0x6574.
In the https://fsuipc.simflight.com/beta/Offset_Mapping_PMDG737NGX.pdf you can see:

6570 3 BYTE MAIN_annunGEAR_transit[3] Boolean
6573 3 BYTE MAIN_annunGEAR_locked[3] Boolean

And notice that there is a difference. The first offset is 6570 and the second offset is 6373. It may already be used to help you that the first offset is a three-digit :)

Left gear is 6570, Nose gear 6571, Right 6571 - But that's just my clue, you'll see yourself:rolleyes:
https://www.facebook.com/HomeCocpit737
2018-06-18 12:07
pizman82
Supporter
Hi
Welcome to Mobiflight

You mix up some stuff....
The BIT is a part of a BYTE ( Every Byte include 8 Bit´s Nubered from Bit 0 ( LowBit ) until Bit 7 ( High Bit)

Basicly it´s possible to read/write a single BIT instead of a Byte.... By using the BITMASK function....
BUT in that case this is WRONG .

The Status Lights of PMDG GEAR are NOT Bitbased... This are BYTE Offsets !

6570 3 BYTE MAIN_annunGEAR_transit (3) Boolean
6573 3 BYTE MAIN_annunGEAR_locked (3) Boolean

You see in the List there is a Boolean Offset ( Means Status 1/0 and mostly a 1 Byte Data) .
You also see the (3) information ... that means this is not 1 Offset... This is a row of 3 individual Offsets.
You also can see it in the Adress.... 6570 and the next is 5673 .... So its a range of 3 full Bytes.

PMDG use this system multiple times.... Always if a element is used 2 or more times then the Offsets are written togeteher.
For example the 65AD 3 BYTE x 3 FIRE_HandlePos(3) ... There are 3 Fire Handles... So there are 3 Offsets for it... But in the List there is only one Entry for all 3.

Solution.

Simply Count in Hexa Decimal.
Offset 6570 1 Byte INT is the offset for one of the Gear Lights ( Not shure but i think it´s LEFT)
Then Count "+1" so Offset 6571 1 Byte INT is the next Light ( Maby RIGHT)
and again "+1" is Offset 6572 1 Byte INT and this is the 3rd Light ( Pretty shure FRONT)
( Maby sequence is different and 2nd is front so 3rd is right.... please try out ! )
Good Luck !
2018-06-18 12:08
skydreams17
Thanks guys for the help, these work great! :)
2018-06-24 10:57
sunesune
Hi!
I continue the thread.
This is for PMDG 737, and MSFSX.
I Have problems what to choose for "Present" Example: If I select "Landing Gear - Nose (Extended)", I can not change "offset" to 6570 and 1 byte.
When I change this, the "Load preset" becomes blank. I have 6 output LEDs in pin 2-7, just to get the right sequence.
I have searched but not found an understandable description. Maybe it would be good to do one, to avoid questions like mine :-) with the help of pictures.
I know I have to change the offset from 6570 to 6575. But how?

/Christer
2021-07-13 21:37
StephanHo
Supporter
Hi Christer,

you have to assign as follows:

Offset 0x6570 INT 1 Byte is the nose gear transit - red led
Offset 0x6571 INT 1 Byte is the right gear transit - red led
Offset 0x6572 INT 1 Byte is the left gear transit - red led
Offset 0x6573 INT 1 Byte is the nose gear locked - green led
Offset 0x6574 INT 1 Byte is the right gear locked - green led and
Offset 0x6575 INT 1 Byte is the left gear locked - green led

That's all. Please report.
Grüße,
Stephan
2021-07-13 23:08
pizman82
Supporter
Hi
You mix up some facts and get confused in that case.....

AT FIRST: Gear Status is a verry bad example..... Cause its one of a small group of Offsets, that work for 99% of Aircrafts..... So whatever the awnser is pretty easy.... I will explane the whole thematic so you can also build more advanced things with this knowledge.....

1. Correct Offset.
There exist 2 kinds of Offsets ..... STANDARD and AIRCRAFT SPECIFIC . The "Standard" work for the "stock Aircrafts" ( all that was included in FSX/P3D) . AddOn Aircrafts mostly got "own" Offsets that are on there own puplished Lists. Often you also need additional Software ( Like IFly) to get them.
Just "some" are mostly global.... Most parts of the Radios, Brakes and also as i said above the Gear.

The PRESET in Mobiflight include the most important STANDARD Offsets..... But NOT the Aircraft specific Stuff. Those must be created by yourself ! Also lots of Functions not got a Preset ( just common ones) ..... So please see the Preset like a helpfull Tool to save time...... But its NOT a full List of all stuff !

2. Using Presets
Presets are technical just prefilled formulas. The Config is already filled with data by this preset. But for sure.... It work like a empty one.
So if you create a NEW Config you can enter all needed data like "Offset Adress", Size, Typ , Transform Formulas and so on by yourself ( As we do in 99% of cases).
The Preset is the same Config.... Jsut with predefined entrys.

That also explane your confusion..... If you load a Preset but you change something.... Then its no longer the Preset and the "name" dissapere..... Caus now its just a "custom Config" same way as you enter the data yourself.

So you got 3 Ways....
A ) Build a config fully by hand ( mostly done in MF)
B ) Use a Preset if you know it work for the needed Aircraft ( Usefull for Standard Aircrafts)
C ) Use a Preset as a starting point and rework it for your needness ( Pretty rare.... Only done for some special things)

Summary:
Use correct Offsets for your Aircraft, and build them by hand ! Only use Presets if you know they work ..... You can "test" them. If not working then build correct configs yourself !
Good Luck !
2021-07-13 23:14
sunesune
Ok, I found the configuration. I have now configured all six Leds from 6570-6575, but none of them works when I connect with PMDG. Do not know what is wrong. There is no Preset Name in any of the configurations, but that's the way it should be, right?
2021-07-15 21:22
sunesune
Has written this in Discord also:

Need help with my 6 LEDs for Landing Gear PMDG 737.

All 6 LEDs are connected to the Arduino from 2-7 pin. Offset from 6570-6575. All work in "Test current testings" in MF.
Start MSFSX.
Load Pmdg 737-800.
Start "Run" in MF.
Back to MSFSX and "fly".
None of the lights are on when I lower the landing gear, or up.
What am I doing wrong?
2021-07-18 20:16
StephanHo
Supporter
Hi Christer,

on the MF main screen and the Output tab you can see, what the offset values are. Can you see any changes in these values if you move the gear?
Grüße,
Stephan
2021-07-19 00:43
pizman82
Supporter
Hi

At first.... Make Presets "for you" is senseless.... If you create the config one time you will not need to create it once again.
So theres no benefit to save it as a "preset" if you still got it finished and you will NEVER create it again in your life :P

Whatever..... It could be usefull for other users. We basically stop creating presets for now ( older sims) cause in FS2020 the system is pretty different and more easy. There we no longer need Offsets.

Summary: You can simply "share" the Configs ( if they work) to Sebastian. Then he can use your Config 1:1 as a Preset and can include it in the future.
BUT again.... We not planed to include PResets for AddOns ( like PMDG). Ask him ! i not know if he like to do this !

ABOUT PROBLEM:

If your Configs are correct and your Hardware basically is fine..... Then 99% sure the issue is the missing "Data Boradcast" Setting !
Your Offsets ( 6570 e.g.) are PMDG Offsets.
Those only include Data if you ENABLE this feature inside the PMDG INI File !

iconQuote:

To enable the data communication output from the PMDG aircraft, you will need to open the file
737NGX_Options.ini (located in the FSX folder PMDG\PMDG 737 NGX), and add the following lines
to the end of the file:
[SDK]
EnableDataBroadcast=1

Good Luck !
2021-07-28 17:20
icon