MobiFlight Community Support

Welcome to the forum for MobiFlight! Feel free to reach out to the community in case you have questions, issues or just want to share great ideas or details about your latest home cockpit project.

You like MobiFlight? Donate via PayPal and support the MobiFlight development. Thanks! 

icon
jpcdias
Hello, i have created the radios as the first version you show in your tutorial. All the displays work perfectly but the Stanby frequencies are repeating values. For example

125.15 122.98 109.92 109.10

as you can see in the freq 109..92 it is repeating in the decimals starting again in the 9.

it should be : 125.15 129.80 109.20 109.10.

There is any transform that i can add or compare?

This only happens when i start to use a diferent display segment. As you i am working with 3 displays to make a big one.

Thanks for the help

Best regards.
2018-05-31 01:28
pizman82
Supporter
Hi

Thats 100% a Configuration issue by Youreself !!

Note: you can NOT make ONE config that work over 2 Display Tubes. (Pretty shure you do/try this and then split it in 2 configs... But WRONG )

I personal recommend to not use 3 Displays in a row.... For 4 Displays in your case i would use 4x5 Diggit Displays instead of 3x8 Diggits.
(Whatever i would use 4 Max Tubes for this 4 Configs ( instead of 3) cause then you not need this additional calcualtion and your system is more tidy)

BUT: It´s possible also with your wished configuration.... For example Albegale do it already.... BUT This need some experience and math skills.

Solution:

The 1. Left and the 4. Right Frequency are both on a OWN Max Chip. So these will work perfect without need of tricky technics.
The 2 Inner Frequencys are "Split" ... So you use for 129.80 "12" on Tube 1 and you will show 9.80 on Tube 2 !

HERE the first part is non problematic, too... You simply show the Offset on the 2 Diggits.... ( With Transform $+10000 to get the "Hundret" Part) like you do for the 1. Com1 before)
(Use as Device the Last 2 Diggits of Tube 1)
So it will show 12 .... The other numbers are basicly calculated... BUT simply not shown cause there is no another Digit in Tube 1 in this config for the other 3 numbers!
NOW You need another config that should show 9,80 on the first 3 Diggits of Tube 2.
If you simply use the Offset Again (pretty shure you NOT use $+10000 this time) THEN it will show the value "2980" on this 3 Diggits.... And this result in a Output of "29.8" from left to right Cause the "0" can not be shown in case of missing space.

NOW you need a System that change value 2980 into 980 .... $-2000 will NOT work cause Frequency can be 13x ($-3000) or 11x ($-1000) , too.
Solution here is MODULO.% USe Transform "$%1000" Now it will show the residual of $ if you divide it as often as possible through full 1000 ! and thats 980 !
(Check this for information to Modulo ... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Modulo_operation

Same with the 3rd. Frequency... Here i think you will show 109. on Tube 2 and 20 on Tube 3
Raw value without $+10000) is here 920 .... So Your 2 Digits on Tube 3 will show "92" ( No another diggit active to show the 0 behind)
Use for the Tube 2 Part again the Standard Config...... And for the Tube 3 Part now Modulo 100 ... So you get from Raw Value 920 the 20 you need.

To prevent confusion... If frequency here would be 123,45 so Raw value is 2345 then Modulo 100 is correct, too ( Whatever it is now 4 numbers long)....
The Modulo 1000 is to reduce a Value into 3 Numbers ( Like in Problem 1) the Modulo 100 is to reduce a value into into 2 ( Like in Problem 2)

I hope you understand this.... Better to explane with videochat maby.
Please report succes or request for more help if needed.
Good Luck !
2018-05-31 05:40
jpcdias
Piazman82 thank you so much for the amazing explanation. It is working perfectly. About the video, i can do it, i am a portuguese youtuber but i can do an english video with this solution. Thank you so much again. Btw, my channel is "Jonny Tech" i already have some videos about my homecockpit.

Best regards,

Jonny
2018-05-31 10:34
pizman82
Supporter
Nice to hear it workes !

About video.... Here you missunderstand !
I not mean YOU should make a Videoguide !

I want to say this thematic was difficult to explane with Text here in board ! It would be much easy if we had talked by a software like "teamviewer" . There you can see my screen for example.... I can show you things directly.... And you can ask a short additional question if you not fully undestand a part.

BUT: Shure... If you realy like and if you have time you can make a Video about this system to help other users.
Maby you talk to Albeagle .... If HE have already make a Video Guide then it´s not needed twice

Summary... Thank you for your offer to make a guide... But you not have to if you not like it..... I Know this guides are lots of work !

Obrigado e os melhores cumprimentos a Portugal
Good Luck !
2018-05-31 16:40
jpcdias
Thanks once more :)
I wish you all the best with this project.
2018-06-01 10:45
icon