MobiFlight Community Support

Welcome to the forum for MobiFlight! Feel free to reach out to the community in case you have questions, issues or just want to share great ideas or details about your latest home cockpit project.

You like MobiFlight? Donate via PayPal and support the MobiFlight development. Thanks! 

icon
pipsara
Can anyone help with this... If I connect a single lcd module to the mega it works fine using the standard interface, if I then connect a second module with its own pins defined the mega gets killed and becomes unusable.
2018-05-23 20:25
StephanHo
Supporter
Hi pipsara,

welcome to MobiFlight!

I think your MEGA won't be killed.

Try as follows if Mobiflight does not recognize your MEGA:

Start the Arduino IDE

Load under FILE -> EXAMPLES -> EEPROM -> the eeprom empty sketch and upload it to the MEGA.

Leave Arduino IDE

Start Mobiflight and load up the Firmware to the MGEA and start to configure your devices.

A second LCD is normaly not a problem neither for Mobiflight nor the MEGA.

To connect the LCDs use the pins greater than 22

Should you continue to have problems with that configuration please report this in details here.
Grüße,
Stephan
2018-05-23 20:48
pipsara
Hi Stephan, thanks for the information... I will try this tomorrow and let you know the result... Kind regards Mike
2018-05-23 20:56
StephanHo
Supporter
In the past, I used to think that the MEGA had broken down.

The tip that I gave you, I have also received here.

It worked every time. I'm sure that works for you as well.
Grüße,
Stephan
2018-05-23 21:07
pizman82
Supporter
Thats a already known Bug !

https://bitbucket.org/mobiflight/mobiflightfc/issues/194/arduino-mega-not-recognize-after-restart

I report it but sebastian not reply until now.
At the moment i recomend to set only 1 LCD Display per Mega....temporary if you need TWO then use 2 Megas !
(Pretty shure this is just a little bug and in future use of multiple LCD ( Limit maby 2-4) is possible with one Board !)
Good Luck !
2018-05-23 21:28
icon