MobiFlight Community Support

Welcome to the forum for MobiFlight! Feel free to reach out to the community in case you have questions, issues or just want to share great ideas or details about your latest home cockpit project.

You like MobiFlight? Donate via PayPal and support the MobiFlight development. Thanks! 

icon
fazli
hi sir,
i try configure led output for transit landing gear.
red led and green function prefect. but not smooth one by one like nose gear led green first light up than left rigt
i used offset 6570red x3led(individu configure)
offset 6573greenx3led (individu configure)
any advice for light up like real function
# i used pmdg
2018-04-19 06:51
StephanHo
Supporter
Hi fazli,

smooth switching of the red and green LEDs is not normally provided. You can "emulate" this by switching an RC element in front of the LED. Simply put an electrolytic capacitor (~ 100μF - observe polarity!) After the LED series resistor. You have to try with the LED resistor and the capacitor. C does not choose too big, because when switching off he needs the same time to "switch off".
Grüße,
Stephan
2018-04-19 11:28
fazli
hi, sir,
i mean when gear down must be led green (nose gear )first turn up then after 2second left n right led green turn on....like pmdg real.
2018-04-19 11:33
fazli
any compare value or precondition configure
2018-04-19 11:35
fazli
https://youtu.be/Kz6NyiIgDVQ
i want led step like this
2018-04-19 11:48
StephanHo
Supporter
I use the same offsets as you, because I also fly the PMDG.

The display behavior of the LEDs you want is the same for me as shown in the video.

The red LEDs light up almost together, while the greens are displayed with a time delay (starting with the nose wheel). The display is basically consistent with the behavior of the landing gear.

I do not see any need for change.
Grüße,
Stephan
2018-04-20 08:06
pizman82
Supporter
iconfazli:

i used offset 6570red x3led(individu configure)
offset 6573greenx3led (individu configure)
any advice for light up like real function
# i used pmdg

Do you make this correct ??

6570 3 BYTE MAIN_annunGEAR_transit[3] Boolean
6573 3 BYTE MAIN_annunGEAR_locked[3] Boolean

That means for example Transit is Offset 6570 1 Byte for the FIRST LED ( Not shure but maby 1st is Nose 2nd is Left and 3rd is right)
Then Offset 6571 1 Byte is the second LED ... And Offset 6572 is the third LED.

So if you like individual actions you need 6 LED ... All need own Pins ( Each is a single device Output LED) And you need 6 Config entrys....
Each got a 1 Byte Offset adressed from 6570 until 6575.

Please confirm you use this 1 Byte Offsets with individual adresses... then it should work fine without problems !
Good Luck !
2018-04-20 16:32
fazli
tq for your advice sir.
i configure offset like this:
6570 for 3x led red same offset all
6573 for 3x led green same offset all

now i will adjust configure offset 6570,6571,6572 for red.
and green to.
i hope success. wish me luck. :)
2018-04-21 07:50
pizman82
Supporter
Thats the key....

iconfazli:

i configure offset like this:
6570 for 3x led red same offset all

If you do that then all 3 LED will show status of Offset 6570 ( Pretty shure the nose gear)
So All 3 will go RED if Nose is Red....
Same with green.

So please simply make it like i explane then it workes !

by the way.... The Notice (3) or Byte x3 means that the Offset include MORE Different Offsets ( 3 in that case)
So you need to split the Range into single offsets.... 3 Byte x3 means 3x 1 byte offsets..... Simply count (hexadezimal) so you get the other ones.

Thats multiple time in PMDG.... For example Data of Radio mostly include (x3) cause there exist 3 Radios ( CPT, FO and STBY in Overhead)
Sometimes there are X2 Offsets too... Like all stuff that is used 2 times in cockpit on CPT and FO side )

Have a look at this !
Good Luck !
2018-04-22 05:47
fazli
tq sir.
last night i try.
red led prefect smoothly. turn off like real pmdg
but green led have a little bit issue.
nose green light up first. ok good
than left and right turn on same time.
real pmdg turn on in order. nose left right.
how solved the problem
anyway thank alot sir.
2018-04-23 18:00
pizman82
Supporter
Have no Hardware here at the moment to test this.... ( Maby Stephan or a other PMDG user can rebuild this shortly)

As i explaned.... the 3 Offsets are the 3 Data for the 3 Lights.

If you do all correct ... so every LED got the correct Offset ( So you must confirm the Left and Right LED got 2 different offsets too) THEN....
It "should" work. Or in better words.... it work like PMDG support the data.

NOTE: PMDG not "must" support the Data 1:1 The Offset show the Data that PMDG send to it !
BUT That not mean the Virtual Light in PMDG Cockpit is using this Data, too. ( Mostly the Virtual Cockpit is programmed by PMDG indipendent from the Offsets i think)

For example PMDG can say... Offsets for L and R should be set to 1 SAME time.... But in Virtual cockpit they say simply LEFT on "wait 0,5 sec" Right on.
If this shortly brake between Left and Right is simply a optical effect that is programmed internal (but not is rebuild in the Offsets) then you have no chance to make it work !

Summary.... Get shure you use correct Offsets for L and R ..... If yes and problem still present then i would say PMDG simply not support this !
(( Alternate.... Check out the original Offsets of GEAR ....
iconCode:
0BEC 4 Gear position (nose): 0=full up, 16383=full down Ok-SimC Ok-SimC
0BF0 4 Gear position (right): 0=full up, 16383=full down Ok-SimC Ok-SimC
0BF4 4 Gear position (left): 0=full up, 16383=full down Ok-SimC Ok-Sim

Here you can see if Gear L and R are not synchron or if the gear is Down same Time L/R in real !
Good Luck !
2018-04-23 22:01
fazli
tq. my landing gear light perfect running.
i am happy right now
2018-08-16 19:31
icon