MobiFlight Community Support

Welcome to the forum for MobiFlight! Feel free to reach out to the community in case you have questions, issues or just want to share great ideas or details about your latest home cockpit project.

You like MobiFlight? Donate via PayPal and support the MobiFlight development. Thanks! 

icon
Apeshaft
Supporter
Dear All,

I am in the process of building a radio panel with the help of Mobiflight. I have connected a tactile switch to change between active and standby frequency.
It is connected with 1 signal cable and 1 ground cable via a 10K ohm resistor.
Although working to a satisfiable degree, I am experiencing some problems. Not all inputs are correctly registrered by the Arduino, the RX led lights up at these occasions butik not the TX led.
I would say that as much as 1 of 4 inputs are "missed".

Anyone have clue on what the reason could be?

Best regards

Oskar
2018-04-10 22:58
pizman82
Supporter
Hi

We know a old problem that occures at maby 20% of users..... We call it the "Logging Debug Problem"
Here 10-20% of Inputs a missed.... BUT not by Arduino.... The Problem is between Mobiflight and FSUIPC.
To Solve this its recommend to use "Logging Mode" Enable ... Typ "Debug"
( Maby we can find the nature of Problem in the future..... till then please use this first aid )

iconApeshaft:

It is connected with 1 signal cable and 1 ground cable via a 10K ohm resistor.

Thats Wrong....
Input switches NOT need resistor !
Simply cable 1 side to a Pin (Where you define button in settings/devices tab) and the other side to GRD of the same arduino where you use the Pin !

So please rework your electircal setup without ressistors ! If Problem still present please try the logging mode !
Good Luck !
2018-04-10 23:51
Apeshaft
Supporter
Thank you so much for your nice reply.
Turning debugging on certainly helped!
I will let the resistor sit where it is, but on my next project I will leave it out.
2018-04-11 22:30
icon