MobiFlight Community Support

Welcome to the forum for MobiFlight! Feel free to reach out to the community in case you have questions, issues or just want to share great ideas or details about your latest home cockpit project.

You like MobiFlight? Donate via PayPal and support the MobiFlight development. Thanks! 

icon
juleiin
Hello,

Does anybody know which offset to use to get back to BRT mode after having tested annunciators?

There's only DIM and TEST offset available.. And by the way DIM can't be used in JeeHell, does it do the same for you ?

Thank you,
Juien
2018-04-10 13:50
StephanHo
Supporter
Hi Juien,

the LightsTest-switch is an ON-OFF-ON-switch but works as ON-ON-ON switch.
The switch has 3 conditions. Switch up = TEST, switch in the middle = BRT, switch down = DIM

You need 2 configs for this switch because you have to split the switch virtually into 2 switches. 1st virtual switch for TEST and BRT, 2nd virtual switch for BRT and DIM

1st config: Name: LightsTestSwitch ON PRESS EVENT ID 69978 Parameter 2, ON RELEASE EVENT ID 69978 Parameter 1
2nd config : Name: LightsDimSwitch ON PRESS EVENT ID 69978 Parameter 1. ON RELEASE EVENT ID 69978 Parameter 0

Parameter 0 for DIM, parameter 1 for BRT and parameter 2 for LIGHTS TEST

Your real switch now works as follows: if he is in the middle position, this is in the first config the BRT Position ON RELEASE and simultaneously the ON PRESS position of the second config. If you switch up, it is the ON PRESS condition for the switch UP and sends parameter 2 to the sim for the light test.
If you switch back to the middle it is the ON RELEASE condition and sends the 1 for BRT to the sim. Simultaneously it is the ON PRESS condition of config 2 and also sends the parameter 1 to the sim. If you now switch down you have the ON RELEASE condition of config two, which sends the parameter 0 to the sim which DIMs the light.
Back in the middle you have the start-condition.

Please note that the DIM function only works within the simulation. If your external lighting is not set up for this, it will not work outside the machine. The LIGHTS-TEST should already work outside the computer, because the simulation simply turns on all lights and the external lights are then turned on via the offsets.

Note: This is the configuration for the 737NGX from PMDG. If you use jeehell, you have to apply this configuration analogously.

I hope you understand my approach.
[Last edited by StephanHo, 2018-04-10 18:33]
Grüße,
Stephan
2018-04-10 18:19
juleiin
Hi,

Thank you for the reply, but the "event" BRT (which is an offset for JeeHell) doesn't exist.. :confused:

Julien
2018-04-10 19:02
StephanHo
Supporter
BRT is the rest position of the switch.
Are there any offsets for DIM and LIGHTS TEST?
Which are they?3
Grüße,
Stephan
2018-04-10 19:07
juleiin
Thank you for taking the time to help me.

Offsets are :

ANN LT Test : 78EE cont'd - 1 byte - Set value 136
ANN LT Dim : 78EE cont'd - 1 byte - Set value 137

There's nothing for "ANN LT Brt"

So if I set for a input -> button -> for on press i choose offset 78EE and i set value to 136 and on release i set value to what ???

But how do I go back to BRT ?

Thanks,
Julien
2018-04-10 20:18
StephanHo
Supporter
Is it possible to read this offset before setting parameter 136 or 137? Can one read the ground state?

EDIT: Did you try the Parameter 135 or 138? Or are these parameters assigned?
Grüße,
Stephan
2018-04-10 20:30
juleiin
They are assigned. And I don't know how to read the parameter while it's in BRT position :-/
2018-04-10 20:33
StephanHo
Supporter
Ahh, I found something

Try parameter 71 on Offset 78EC

Look also into this document ;)

http://vps232316.ovh.net/csb/download/upload/JEEHELL%20User%20Guide.pdf
Grüße,
Stephan
2018-04-10 20:44
juleiin
It refers to MCDU BRT button I think :blush:
2018-04-10 20:49
StephanHo
Supporter
Ok, my mistake.

I corrected my information above
Grüße,
Stephan
2018-04-10 20:51
pizman82
Supporter
Stephan mixed up with PMDG at first topic i think.

So i´m not work with Airbus.... so i not know the real function of this switch. But your right... In the Jeehell Lists there exist no 3.rd Position here... only TEST and DIM.

Other question... How is this simulated in the Virtual Aircraft ???

1. If you click TEST.... Does All Anounciators light up and does the Displays show 8888888 ?
2. if you click TEST.... Does the Output Offsets rebuild this too ? So change for example the Offset for a LED thats normaly OFF at the moment from 0 to 1 if you use the Light test function ? .... Or Does the Display Values change into 88888 for example if ypu push the button ?

3. If you change betweend DIM and BRT in the simulator by mouse.... Is there a changing of brightness in the simulated anounciators ?

Summary.... the TEST Function is only usefull if the Offsets ALL will change too.... Else you need a self build solution... Then the Input of this Switch is not longer neeeded finaly.
Also you must know if you plan to install 2 different LED in your cockpit ( Or a Power reducing system for the lights) .... To Rebuild 2 different bright sequences.
In that case the Switch Input is not needed i think..... for BRT and DIm you will need a self build solution at all times !
Good Luck !
2018-04-10 23:44
juleiin
Hi,

1. If clicked test every annunciators light up and display 88888
2. I think everything go to 0 but I'll check it again tonight
3. The dim position isn't simulated in the JeeHell panels

Thanks,
Julien
2018-04-11 07:04
juleiin
For information, the developer of JeeHell said he will try to add the offset for BRT position in the next release. :)
2018-04-11 23:01
pizman82
Supporter
Good to hear....

But again this is finaly not interesting for us.

If this is simmular to Boeing then BRT will let the LED light in standard status..... If Dim selected then LED will light not so much bright ( for night flights or landing e.g.)
BUT on both cases the Offset from the LED itself is not change... 1 mean LED ON 0 mean LED OFF.....
To Rebuild this you need 2 different LED placed in every anounciator or you need a global resistor that reduce LED Power to a lower limit to get the DIM Situation.

To controll THIS system you need a indicator offset ( like a Jeehell offset for DIM On/OFF) .... But as i said before this is not need finaly.....
Your Panel Lights are indipendent from simulator in a Homecockpit.... So if you change into DIM for example its no matter if DIM is set in virtual aircraft, too.... This is just a optical factor in your homecockpit !

So finaly you can build this externa... So DIM/BRT Switch not talk to sim or Mobiflight.... it will change only the Power for example.
Or you can use a Custom Offset here.... So no comunication to Jeehell is needed !

Summary... Please rethink your system.... Know what you like to build finaly.... And then plan your system !
Good Luck !
2018-04-12 18:42
StephanHo
Supporter
Hi Comisso,

if you don't talk us which simulator (FSX, P3D, X-Plane etc) and aircraft (Standard, PMDG, Airbus etc) you use help is impossible.
Grüße,
Stephan
2018-11-02 20:39
icon