MobiFlight Community Support

Welcome to the forum for MobiFlight! Feel free to reach out to the community in case you have questions, issues or just want to share great ideas or details about your latest home cockpit project.

You like MobiFlight? Donate via PayPal and support the MobiFlight development. Thanks! 

icon
juleiin
Edit : I solved the problem by using the Compare tab (and letting the precondition) :

For the led hdg I added if value is 0 set it to 1 else 0
For the led trk I added if value is 64 set it to 1 (for the led to turn on, but 64 works too) else 0

Hello,

I've been playing around with this amazing software but I face a problem tonight.

How to switch on a led if hdg mode is active and switch on an other led (and switching off the old one) if trk is now selected ?

Here are the offset concerned (JeeHell) :

Read bits to get LED status :
0x7390 - 1 byte - 6 - HDG-VS mode if set to 0, TRK-FPA mode if set to 1

73C3 - 2 bytes - HDG/TRK value in degrees

Select data pipe function
73CC - 1 byte - 2 - HDG/TRK

Efis, set value :
78EB - 1 byte - 15 : HDG-VS/TRK-FPA

And here my mf config :

https://ibb.co/crW9Ex
https://ibb.co/gqxhZx
https://ibb.co/cA7ugc
https://ibb.co/dB4J7H
https://ibb.co/b99UEx

For the led trk/fpa output it is the same as the hdg/fps output but precondition has been set to lecture hdg ou trk = 64 (in JeeHell offset list it is said 1 but reading out of mf fsuipc/outputvalue it's written 64)

But it clearly does not work..

Maybe I should play with the Compare tab..

Can anybody help me ?

I'm sure I just don't use the offset correctly..

My idea is to light up specific led for the a320 fcu to display hdg/vs or trk/fpa.

I've seen somebody using 7 or L of its 7 seven display but I can't figure out how you can even choose what to light exactly so I decided to use the LED method.

Thanks for your help

Julien
[Last edited by juleiin, 2018-04-09 22:57]
2018-04-09 22:18
pizman82
Supporter
Hi

Nice to hear you fix it youreself.....
Some Informations ....

- You not need "Precondition" here ! (Thats possible, too but much more difficult)

- About 64 .... Thats in case of Binary BIT/Byte Logic .
If you read only a BIT then Mobiflight will ignore all other Bits in that readed BYTE .... Means it see it always Zero ! BUT it STILL se the Data as a BYTE !
You readout "Bit 6" of Offset 7390 Size 1 BYTE .... So it looks binyry like 0X00 0000
If Bit is Low (0) then Result is value 00000 0000 (Thats 0 in Decimal, too) ........... If Bit is High (1) then Result is value 0100 0000
And "0100 0000" Binary is 64 in Decimal System ! Thats why this is often written as 2^6 .... 2^6=64 , too,

- About "LED TRK" light without your Compare ... Also if its 64 instead of 1
Thats correct.... 0 = OFF 1 ( and every other Number) is ON . So you not need to compare in these situations !
[Last edited by pizman82, 2018-04-10 23:14]
Good Luck !
2018-04-10 01:23
juleiin
Hello,

I have one more problem, how do I get stuff completely dark when the plane isn't powered ? It looks like even when the FCU is switched off, he has HDG or TRK mode engaged and so one of my led is switched on.

Thanks,
Julien
2018-04-10 21:07
pizman82
Supporter
Thats correct, too.

If Battery is OFF then this is in simulator just optical.... Means the Offset that show for example COM1 Frequency STILL show this data.... Also the Offset that show GearDown is already 1 cause the gear is still down.

At the Moment you need to make a uncomfortable workflow to build this realistic.... You need for EVERY Output TWO Configs.
Config 1 is used to show current Situation ( Like LED Light if Offset is 1 and is Dark if Offset is 0 ) aslong Battery is on !
Config 2 set the LED Always to OFF ( Whatever the current state is 1 for the function) aslong Battery is off!
(In That case Config 2 use a offset of your choice ( No matter what.... i use 0000 here) And you use a compare or transform entry to set value to 0
BOTH Configs use the same LED as device.
And NOW you need in Both Configs a "Precondition" ... As Indicator you will use the Battery Switch Status ( You have to readout this by a config one time also)
Config 1 will use Precondition " Only work if "CONFIG Battery switch" value = 1" the second Config say "Only work if Battery switch = 0 "

By the way... If you need a LightTest System then you need at the moment THREE Configs for each Output.... 1 for Status 2 for OFF (Battery) and 3 for ON (Lighttest in progress)
Here more preconditions are needed, too.
In the future we hope to give the users a new tool that all this stuff can be done in ONE Config with only a simple line of code you insert in transform field...... But this will taka some time... I can not tell you when this feature is available.

cu.
Good Luck !
2018-04-10 23:27
juleiin
Hi,

Thanks, I'll try that tonight using this "73BC - 2 - BAT1 Voltage *10. If ACFT power is OFF, this offset reads -1"

I'll keep you updated,
Julien
2018-04-11 07:06
icon