MobiFlight Community Support

Welcome to the forum for MobiFlight! Feel free to reach out to the community in case you have questions, issues or just want to share great ideas or details about your latest home cockpit project.

You like MobiFlight? Donate via PayPal and support the MobiFlight development. Thanks! 

icon
gustavo2m
Good evening,

MF stopped recognizing the mega arduino, was adding new LED devices, saved everything normal.

When I reboot MF to recognize the new devices, a message appeared to update the firmware, I updated and after that the arduino mega is appearing as unknown.

https://imgur.com/a/mnj9a
[Last edited by gustavo2m, 2018-04-01 00:30]
2018-03-31 23:59
StephanHo
Supporter
Hi Gustavo,

please try the following:

start your Arduino IDE and goto FILE -> EXAMPLES -> EEPROM and load the sketch EEPROM_CLEAR.

Compile this Sketch an upload it to your MEGA. Then your MEGA is recognized as normal MEGA.
Start Mobiflight again an upload the firmware. After that you can load your saved MF-file. Check all devices and all configs.
If you change the name of your MEGA-board you hav to upload this to the MEGA again.

Thereafter you should use your MEGA as a normal Mobiflight-module.
[Last edited by StephanHo, 2018-04-01 15:33]
Grüße,
Stephan
2018-04-01 00:32
gustavo2m
Thank you very much,

Started working again!!!
2018-04-01 00:40
herbiem
I have a similar problem
Have done what Stephan suggested but both my Mega cards do not show a config that is there is no + or - beside them
Both cards had been working great
Any help any one
Only thing I can see is to re input all my switches etc to each card
Thanks
Ian
2018-06-26 06:42
StephanHo
Supporter
Hi Ian,

welcome to Mobiflight!

To work correkt with Mobiflight you need two files. 1st one is the .mfmc-File. It contains the devices and the associated pins with devicenames.
The 2nd File it the .mcc-file that contains the configurations for the devices.

After running the eeprom_clear sketch and restarting Mobiflight you have to go into FILE -> SETTINGS -> MOBIFLIGHT MODULS and to manually load your .mfmc-File. Reupload this mfmc-File to your MEGA.
Back on the MF Mainscreen you have to load your configuration file. Then you can run MF and all should work fine.
Grüße,
Stephan
2018-06-26 11:27
herbiem
Thanks for the quick reply Stephan
I will try that tonight New Zealand time and report back
I am new to Mobieflight but it is just the tool I need for my C172 modified cockpit
2018-06-26 12:20
herbiem
Hi Stephan
Silly question maybe but where are the "mfmc" files located
I cannot find them to open
Thanks
[Last edited by herbiem, 2018-06-26 12:49]
2018-06-26 12:26
StephanHo
Supporter
the file should be in the same folder as Mobiflight, otherwise you saved them in another folder.

Remember: always make a safety copy of your files!
Grüße,
Stephan
2018-06-26 13:16
pizman82
Supporter
To prevent Problems....

the *.mfmc File NOT exist by itself.... Its a SAVE File of Your Board Settings and MUST be create by Youreself !
Mobiflight "write" your device settings ( The part where you devine for example a Button is on Pin 3, a LED is on Pin 4 and so on) DIRECT in the Memory of MEGA.
There is NO Data or Backup on your Computer at this moment !

To create this file you must go to /settings/mobiflightboards .... In the lower part where you click "UPLOAD" to write a new device on the Mega THERE is also a Disc Symbol to "SAVE" a Config. By Saving it you create a mfmc File ( Location can be define by the user in the save menue..... Basicly its the Mobiflight Root or the folder you use alread for the mcc files)

As Stephan Said....

After first steps of testing and when you startup with your project it is high recommend to make a verry detailed Backup History.
Create a Backup of every Board Config ... And Create a Backup of you mcc file after EVERY new Part you set to your project.
I also recommend to not Overwrite your current backups. Create everytime a New One and not delete the Old files !
You should find a good and logicla Name system ( Maby with a Excel List) to knwo WHAT Backup is from WHAT phase of your building.

So you can rebuild it when you have a crash.... And you also can easy go back to a point all was already fine when you have a bug that occure in a issue done long time ago,
Working tidy at beginning will save you hundrets of hours in the final part of your project !
[Last edited by pizman82, 2018-06-26 13:40]
Good Luck !
2018-06-26 13:33
herbiem
Thank you for your response Pizman82
I now realize what I have been doing wrong.
I had been saving using the FILE tab - save- which only saves as an mcc and not saving by the method you explained which creates the mfmc file
So I have the saved inputs and out puts but not the Mega board configuration
Guess what I am doing today - re inputting all the data to the Mega boards and saving it the correct way
Thanks again pizman82 and Stephan for your help without people like your self's some of us would be lost
Ian
2018-06-27 00:26
Claudiomp3
Boa noite amigos, estou com esse mesmo problema
2018-07-21 04:48
Claudiomp3
Muito obrigado StephanHo
Tudo OK
2018-07-21 04:55
souza
Supporter
hello experiencing, i was if these problem, butt after assign all inputs and outputs on the MF program, and made short the names, at maximum 12 characters, these began to start normaly.
SIMULAR É...
2018-08-15 01:16
paul_max
Supporter
Gustavo

The C++ MF sketch can run out of memory, if a large number of inputs and outputs are used. Hence the 12 character limit on names is good advice from Souza.

Paul
2018-08-15 07:35
icon