MobiFlight Community Support

Welcome to the forum for MobiFlight! Feel free to reach out to the community in case you have questions, issues or just want to share great ideas or details about your latest home cockpit project.

You like MobiFlight? Donate via PayPal and support the MobiFlight development. Thanks! 

icon
mario.virtuasim@gmail.com
Hello,
I´m attempting to develop a force feedback yoke using stepper motors for pitch/roll but need information on how to read the XPlane datarefs that provide the forces calculated by the simulator. From previous research and help from other people, I found that the datarefs I need to read from are:
sim/flightmodel/misc/act_frc_ptch_lb
sim/flightmodel/misc/act_frc_hdgn_lb
sim/flightmodel/misc/act_frc_roll_lb

What I need is help on how to add these datarefs to MobiFlight Connectror so that I may control the stepper motors based on these.

Thank you in advance for any help!
Cheers.
2018-01-07 03:08
pizman82
Supporter
Hi

Maby you still know.... Mobiflight can not direct handle XPlane ! Mobiflight is based on a comunication with FSUIPC (FSX/P3D)
BUT: There exist a programm called "XPUIPC" that "simulate" a FSUIPC Clone.
It reads/writes Datarefs and support it in a virtual FSUIPC plattform.
Mobiflight now see this virtual System in same way like the original FSUIPC ..... Summary Mobiflight means it talks to FSX instead of Xplane :-)

Your Problem:
This XPUIPC is programmed by some guys. They just read/write the main Data, that is need for the standard Offset table of FSUIPC.... But not more !
AND... There is no Grafic Interface there where you can add new stuff.
But it´s possible, too..... You must do that with code.
In the XPUIPC folder there is a file "xpuipcoffsets.cfg" ... Open it with a text Editor ( or beter Notepad++) and there you can add own code.
(its a short manual include, too) ....

Finaly... I not use Xplane and i not work with that cfg file.... You must try out and learn it youreself i think.
Basicly you need something like "READ Dataref xyz and WRITE Information to Offset abc" Don´t forget to define Typ and size of Offset !

If possible please share your result (script) HERE in Forum for other users !
Good Luck !
2018-01-07 09:38
mario.virtuasim@gmail.com
Hi,
Thanks very much for your information.
I´ll start the research on how to code the offsets x datarefs on the .cfg file.
Cheers!
2018-01-08 10:38
icon