MobiFlight Community Support

Welcome to the forum for MobiFlight! Feel free to reach out to the community in case you have questions, issues or just want to share great ideas or details about your latest home cockpit project.

You like MobiFlight? Donate via PayPal and support the MobiFlight development. Thanks! 

icon
linx69
Hello everyone I introduce myself: I'm Linx69 (Giulio) and I recently joined the forum
I have a question to ask the experts on how to operate the Master Battery on the overhead I'm building slowly for my simulator, I use the PMDG 737 with a toggle switch connected to the Mega 2560, for the moment I only have the switch and not the cover, I state that I have tried different offsets but the switch has no action on the simulator (P3D v. 3).
I've been told to create the macro mice on FSUIPC but the green battery does not show the green band to name the macro, it appears on the other switches but not on the master. I also read here on the forum to go into the Connector settings and change the slider value by lowering it on the FSUIPC card but it does not change anything. I hope you can help me (I used google translator)
2018-08-09 18:48
StephanHo
Supporter
Hi Giulio,

just search the forum for "battery master switch".

Then you will get a list of topics which can solve your problem.

Try these:
https://www.mobiflight.com/forum/message/4202.html
https://www.mobiflight.com/forum/message/7310.html
https://www.mobiflight.com/forum/message/2006.html

What you try is a complex topic. You should read the posts and understand what's happening there. This will lead to new questions until you have a final result. But that will work then ;)
Grüße,
Stephan (Time: UTC+1)
2018-08-09 20:54
linx69
Thanks Stephan
2018-08-10 08:00
paul_max
Supporter
Giulio

Here is one clever solution to PMDG 737 power bus switching;

http://www.737ng.co.uk/overhead.htm

If uses the FSUIPC map of the PMDG 737 overhead. A set of overhead commands can be sent for one joystick event.

The impressive hardware power bus switching sends joystick events via a BU0836X card. FSUIPC is programmed to send PMDG mouse clicks on receipt of the joystick event.

Hope that helps. It seems to be a generic solution as it forces PMDG into the battery off or bus off state, which in turn should send commands to FSX/P3D. Hopefully MobiFlight will receive events that turn off LEDs automatically.

I've just had a thought. If MF could send joystick events it can trigger FSUIPC's technology.

Cheers Paul
[Last edited by paul_max, 2018-08-10 09:09]
2018-08-10 08:57
linx69
Thank you Paul
2018-08-10 11:08
pizman82
Supporter
Hi.
Just to prevent a main problem.....

Do you have only problems with the Logic of Master Battery switch ?? OR Do you have a basic problem to controll PMDG Stuff ?
In Other words.... Can you make other PMDG Inputs ?

IF NOT check your FSUIPC Version and (for Outputs) check if Data Broadcast is ON.

If Problem is only the Master Battery.

Here i remeber the Problematic Part is the Cover of Switch. You can not set switch to OFF aslong Cover is Close ( Cause in real aircrafts the Cover will move the switch....
If its OFF and you Close the Cover it will move the switch to ON by itself. ... And Logical you can not set the switch to OFF until the Cover is closed !

The solution ( If i remember rigth) was to create 2 Configs for the Same Button.... The First Config will Open/Close the Cover .... The Second will Set the Switch.
Always Note: MF work from UP to DOWN.... So The Upper Config execute first.... the lower Config execute later.

This Technic work for lots of Things in MF.... You can create multible Configs ( also more then 2) and it will work in sequence !
Good Luck !
2018-08-22 07:31
linx69
Hi pizman I solved the problem simply by using the values EVENT ID ..... being inexperienced I'm trying .... and I did not know which values to use, now I have learned some things and I will still need you
2018-08-23 19:36
pizman82
Supporter
Basicly PMDG work with Event ID ( Shown in the List like this http://myhomecockpit.de/PMDG_737NGX_EVENT_IDs_SP1d.pdf)

The Paramter (Pretty shure thats what you ask for) is shown in last page of this PDF.
PMDG work with Mouse Actions.

That mean : If you work in virtual cockpit and klick for example with Left Mousebutton to a Switch then it go ON..... ..
So you must use the EVENT ID from this switch ( to tell PMDG it should handle THIS Switch) .... And the Parameter is the "Mouse Action" you will do....
In This example a Leftklick "536870912" as parameter.... Cause THIS will simulate a Left Single Klick on this button !

Exception !!!! Some Things ( mostly Multi Position Rotary switches) work with clear parameter..... Like 0,1,2,3 .... For example the Auto BRake Switch.
Here you not use Mouse Actions.... You say "0" for OFF Position ... "1" for MIN Brake and so on
Good Luck !
2018-08-25 12:37
icon