MobiFlight Community Support

Welcome to the forum for MobiFlight! Feel free to reach out to the community in case you have questions, issues or just want to share great ideas or details about your latest home cockpit project.

You like MobiFlight? Donate via PayPal and support the MobiFlight development. Thanks! 

icon
Domi1802
Hello everyone

I start with your super software but I have a problem concerning the output on 7 segment of the speed. (Max 279).
The wiring is correct because it works with the 737 default of fsx
My problem concerns offset i suppose
the offset for MCP_IAS is 6524.I put this offset but nothing happens ,the IAS don't move when i turn the button
I do not understand.
Someone could send me a solution with the parameters to be set or
Is it possible to have a video tutorial on your site ??
thank you
[Last edited by Domi1802, 2017-07-16 08:06]
2017-07-15 17:44
pizman82
Supporter
Hi

I Hope i understand correct your question......

PMDG use 2 Different Systems for INPUT and OUTPUT

Outputs are always over Offsets... The used 6524 is correct !
BUT This offset can NOT used for a INPUT !!!

For Input please work with EVENT ID.... here is a example List http://myhomecockpit.de/PMDG_737NGX_EVENT_IDs_SP1d.pdf
Needed ID for IAS Increase/Decrease is.... EVT_MCP_SPEED_SELECTOR EventID: 70016
For Parameter you use "Mouse Controlls" ( You find on Last Page of the linked document)
- MOUSE_FLAG_WHEEL_UP : 16384
- MOUSE_FLAG_WHEEL_DOWN : 8192

Hope this helps.... Please reply if you need more help !
Good Luck !
2017-07-16 15:32
Domi1802
thank you for your reply

For the moment I only make the output

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afdM2aMMVwk

I do not understand too much because for the CRS HDG and ALTITUDE it works but for IAS (I think I would have the same problem for vertical speed) it does not work

I respect the documentation you specify
When I put offset 6524
I run mobiflight and i get fsuipc value and ouput value = 11204034

for the moment i dont plug the input i wait my encodeur from ebay

Then I have an example
2017-07-16 17:52
pizman82
Supporter
Ahhh Ok... Now i understand your Problem !

Im pretty shure 99% you use the wrong Datatype And/or Size.

The IAS/Mach Dataoutput is different to Altitude, Heading and so on... It´s a FLOAT32 ( Instead of the others.... they are INT )
Simply get shure you use as Data Type "FLOAT" and Size "4 Byte"

( This is cause Speed in Mach is shown as a decimal Vallue with the same offset... So it must be a float cause INT only can show full numbers... no decimal )

Quote from PMDG Offset List....
iconQuote:

Offset :6524 ::::::::::: Size: 4 Byte ::::::::::: Typ: FLT32 ::::::::::::: MCP_IASMach ::::::::: Note: Mach if < 10.0

Good Luck !
2017-07-16 23:57
Domi1802
Thank you

In fact the problem come from me I made a mistake
I'm new to the world of simu and I'm only 15 years old
However I have another problem
Mcp_Altitude
Offset 652E
The value is correct until 32600 after it indicates a negative value

Can you help me please

see the picture

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BzXLQIKr73BZajVoVFlwbGtSX1E
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BzXLQIKr73BZc0tlYWk2MmhFY2M
Thanks for your time spent helping me
[Last edited by Domi1802, 2017-07-17 09:35]
2017-07-17 08:17
pizman82
Supporter
Hi Again.

Keep Cool. There is no minimum age to start with flying....... as a good friend said.... A 2 Year old baby can fly a Airbus A380 if it find the Autopilot Master Switch B)

So the negative shown Value on the Display is a little issue in the Data Format. I try to simple explane this

A Integer Offset like this can have 2 states.... SIGNED and UNSIGNED. ( You can google this or look in Wikipedia for detailed information )
Unsigned means it starts at Zero 0 and ends on highest Number ( This 2 Byte Offset for example goes from 0 to 65535 )
Signed means it´s range is split in 2 halves 50% Negative and 50% Positiv ( This 2 Byte Offset the is shown from -32768 to +32767 )

Basicly the raw data is the same.... it´s only important how we read it.....

Mobiflight read it like Signed.... But PMDG support it unsigned. This occures that all numbers bigger then 32767 are shown negative reversed.....
32768= MINUS 32768
32769= MINUS 32767
32770= MINUS 32766
and so on.

Note... This is not real a Bug. Sebastian not want to make a additional choice field for the user and define ALL Offsets in same way.... 98% Of Offsets workes fine. But sometimes a Offset is unsigned and then we need the follow workflow.

TO SOLVE THIS

Here you need a simple Compare Logic to check this..... Always a Value is Negative you must Add 65536 to it .... then its correct positive again.
Please use Compare Tab.... Klick Checkmark on and set...
In the IF field use "less then Zero" < 0
In the THEN field use $+65536
in the ELSE field you can input $

Now everytime this Value is less then Zero ( Negative) Mobiflight Add 65536 to the Value.... If Value is already positiv it do nothing and only show the original value.

If you get another problems simply ask, or use search engine..... This is talked a lot of time already.
Good Luck !
2017-07-17 15:56
Domi1802
thank you so much

everithing is ok

Now I will do the input but I wait for my encoder
I feel this is going to be a little bit harder

thank you again :)
2017-07-17 16:38
pizman82
Supporter
iconDomi1802:

I feel this is going to be a little bit harder

Not realy.....

Simply use the List i linked you above and ALWAYS Remeber one fact....

PMDG works most time with Mouse Actions ( Only the Multi Position rotary Switches work with a real value)

So if you like to config a switch simply go in the Virtual PMDG Cockpit and use the Button with your Mouse! If you put the button on for example with a LEFT SINGLE CLICK then use as Parameter the Number for LeftSingleClick....
EventID Number define the used Function.... Paramter define the used Mouse Action

This workes for 95% of Inputs.... For the others you normaly use Values... For example the EFIS Mode Selector got 4 Positions... APP,VOR,MAP and PLAN ... Here it is numbered 0,1,2,3 ..... To set this Rotary Switch in Position APP for example Parameter is "0" for PLAN parameter would be "3"

Simply try out..... Its not difficult if you just check the basic system !
Good Luck !
2017-07-17 16:56
Claudiomp3
Good morning friends, can I use two mega arduino boards in Mobiflight? one board to do the MCP and another as the overend?
2018-08-06 04:42
paul_max
Supporter
Claudio

Yes 2 boards is ok, some people use 8 boards!

Keep each board in a consistent USB port. Changing the ports might cause MB to lose connection.

Paul
2018-08-06 07:04
pizman82
Supporter
Hi Claudio

Please NOT Open old Topics if not needed....
and
Please NOT ask a Question for a different thing to the Main Topic.

Make new Topics for your Requests !

About Question.
There is no Limit for number of Megas by Mobiflight..... Only the System itself have a Limit ( Windows) and thats 128 as i know .
Good Luck !
2018-08-22 06:44
icon