MobiFlight Community Support

Welcome to the forum for MobiFlight! Feel free to reach out to the community in case you have questions, issues or just want to share great ideas or details about your latest home cockpit project.

You like MobiFlight? Donate via PayPal and support the MobiFlight development. Thanks! 

icon
Mr.Snails
Hi, I'm sorry for my bad English, I'm writing this using a translator. I have windows 10, fsx steam edition, fsuipc 4.947, mobiflight 7.5, an arduino leonardo and an arduino UNO (currently I intend to use the leonardo already seems to update without problems).

I tried to complete the parking brake LED tutorial and it works perfectly, but when I try to complete the parking brake button I can not make it work.
I have tried different outputs with LEDs (for example: hdg hold, landing lights) and they all work fine but when I try to test an input (button, encoder, switch ...) it does not work.

It seems that mobiflight could receive information from fsuipc but can not send.
In mobiflight the two checks: modules, fsuipc status are ok.

I have also tried to start mobiflight in administrator mode, I can not run fsx steam edition in any other way than in administrator mode.
2018-07-30 08:03
thatchi
Please use arduino mega only.
2018-07-30 08:48
Mr.Snails
I thought that the arduino UNO and arduino leonardo errors were related only to the firmware and modules update and stability. Are you sure that arduino mega will solve my problem? Currently when I press a button or turn an encoder it does not work in fsx but in arduino the tx light flashes.

Thank you
2018-07-30 09:37
thatchi
There are hardware difference, e.g. Amount of memory available. They are not support . Lots of members have problems and resolve by using mega.
2018-07-30 10:49
pizman82
Supporter
Yes ... This is also the Official statement.

UNO support was experimental..... and Sebastian think it wil work.... Whatever it work in lots of parts but not in all. ( For example lots of people report problems with Inputs )
We decide to NOT work on UNO for the moment ( In case this take time, we need for more important stuff .... And finaly 99% of user already use Megas now and in future. )
But Sebastian also not remove the UNO Firmware finaly cause "some" users work with it ( for example Output Only) and be happy !

So basicly i recommend.... Use a Mega. Here "normaly" we get no reported Problems for using Parking Brake in standard Aircrafts.
Good Luck !
2018-07-30 13:27
Mr.Snails
Thank you very much for your answers, today I have acquired my new arduino mega and finally I can use mobiflight completely.:w00t: :w00t:

thank you very much!!
2018-08-03 14:32
icon