MobiFlight Community Support

Welcome to the forum for MobiFlight! Feel free to reach out to the community in case you have questions, issues or just want to share great ideas or details about your latest home cockpit project.

You like MobiFlight? Donate via PayPal and support the MobiFlight development. Thanks! 

icon
Pietrogramma
Hi everybody, how I can control the fuel selector tank of the cessna C172 with the fsuipc offset of mobiflight?
If everything works fine if I use event IDs, if, instead, I use the FSUIPC offset (0AF8 with 1 for all tanks, 2 left tank and 3 right tank) does not work.
As flight simulator I use both P3D and Xplane and I need to use the offsets because the ID events are not recognized by XPLANE.
Thanks and bye bye
2018-07-25 17:42
paul_max
Supporter
Pietro,

One generic option for XPlane is ArdSimX which is based on the Arduino, for XPlane only. It supports all the XPlane datarefs so the fuel tanks should be ok.

I think you can use Mobiflight and ArdSimX together in a simulator, but they must run on 2 different Arduino boards.
Also you should not use the same control/switch/LED on both systems.

Regards
Paul
2018-07-25 17:57
Pietrogramma
Hi Paul, thanks for your reply.
In effect, I thinked to use both system but with ardsimx I can't control the compass.
I Bought on www.simmax.it all panels for my home cockpit C172 (switch panel, flaps mechanism, parking brake, fuel selector, compass and starter).
For some of these panels the connections are different If you use mobiflight or Ardsimx.
For example the 5 position switch of the starter or the 3 position switch of the fuel selector use some resistor and a condensator for work with ardsimx and they use only a PIN. In mobiflight, instead, you must use a pin for every position...the compass (that use a stepper 28BJY-48) don't work with ardsimx (with mobiflight is perfect, you can set te zero point etc.).
For all these reason i would use only mobiflight, that is compatible with P3d and with Xplane 10 or 11.
at this point, however, the problem arises of using the offsets instead of the event IDs, which are recognized by xplane11...
if I could find the fsuipc offset to control the fuel selector I would be okay, because I could control all the panels with mobiflight, whether flying with P3d or with Xplane.
I hope thet you understand my bad english.
Thanks and bye bye
2018-07-25 23:35
pizman82
Supporter
Do we talk about the standard Cessna of P3D or of Xplane ? Or is this a AddOn ?

Basicly...
iconQuote:

0AF8 2 Fuel tank selector: 0=None, 1=All, 2=Left, 3=Right, 4=LeftAux,
5=RightAux, 6=Centre, 7=Centre2, 8=Centre3, 9=External1,
10=External2, 11=Right Tip, 12=Left Tip, 13=Crossfeed,
14=Crossfeed LtoR, 15=Crossfeed RtoL, 16=Crossfeed both,
17=External, 18=Isolate, 19=Left Main, 20=Right Main
(Engine 1 only—see also separate Engine selectors)

This looks good. whatever i not know if XPlane support that stuff via XPUIPC.

You can also check ...
iconQuote:

2054 4 Turbine Engine 1 Tank Selector: 0=None, 1=All, 2=Left,
3=Right, 4=LeftAux, 5=RightAux, 6=Centre, 7=Centre2,
8=Centre3, 9=External1, 10=External2, 11=Right Tip, 12=Left
Tip, 13=Crossfeed, 14=Crossfeed LtoR, 15=Crossfeed RtoL,
16=Crossfeed both, 17=External, 18=Isolate, 19=Left Main,
20=Right Main

Good Luck !
2018-07-26 03:51
icon