MobiFlight Community Support

Welcome to the forum for MobiFlight! Feel free to reach out to the community in case you have questions, issues or just want to share great ideas or details about your latest home cockpit project.

You like MobiFlight? Donate via PayPal and support the MobiFlight development. Thanks! 

icon
OmniAtlas
Hello,

What is the best way to create a presets.aip to use with Jeehell FMGS and MobiFlight?

It gets tedious typing in all the FSUIPC code, so if we have a preset programmed for everyone to use it would simplify things.

Thank you,

Ben
2018-04-07 09:43
pizman82
Supporter
Hi
Sorry for late reply.... I miss that topic !

If you like to create a preset system for that please get in contact to Sebastian or make a request in the Bitbucket Platform https://bitbucket.org/mobiflight/mobiflightfc

Personal Note.
We talk about presets Multiple time but i personaly think this is not possible at all.
Every User work different.... Some integrate a Battery Off System for example.... Not everybody will build all things and so on.... So a Config is always individual !
And finaly the biggest Problem.... If Jeehell change a Offset then the Presetlist must be reworked, too.

I think to build a cockpit you need to understand and check out every offset single.... So its no problem to set the Data manualy....
Whatever the time to search the offset in a Preset Dropdown is the same as you write it youreself.

BUT: If you like to do that... Then do it. Every new feature is welcome ! ( But please talk about this with Sebastian BEFORE you start !
Good Luck !
2018-05-23 08:21
OmniAtlas
Hi pizman,

Thanks for your reply - FSX/P3D has a fixed 'preset' which has been very helpful as we don't need to keep on looking for offset values

I think it will be very helpful as there are many of us using arduino and mobiflight in our flight deck projects. There are many offsets for FMGS, but they have not, and will not change. New offsets can simply be added.

I will look into requesting on the bitbucket platform.

Thank you,

Ben
2018-05-30 02:21
pizman82
Supporter
iconOmniAtlas:

Thanks for your reply - FSX/P3D has a fixed 'preset' which has been very helpful as we don't need to keep on looking for offset values

Thats not correct... FSX only got preset List for EVENT ID ..... For Offsets ( and thats what Jeehell use) there exist no full Preset List....
Only some Examples (maby 1-2% of all existing Offsets) .... And Sebastian never finished it in case of this reasons.

Next problem you should think about.... What is with XPlane... Here the guys use XPUIPC.... And this is different to FSUIPC in some Offsets.
Will you make a Prest list for every simulator seperate ?? Or will you include it with Flags like " Use only with Xplane" ??

But Summary.... Talk to Sebastian. I will not stop you.... Just give you my personal input ! Maby finaly your idea is great and i be convinced.

Thanks
Good Luck !
2018-05-31 03:25
icon