MobiFlight Community Support

Welcome to the forum for MobiFlight! Feel free to reach out to the community in case you have questions, issues or just want to share great ideas or details about your latest home cockpit project.

You like MobiFlight? Donate via PayPal and support the MobiFlight development. Thanks! 

icon
ncngrr
Can I use Mobiflight over a network? I have multiple PCs for my flight simulator and would like to put Mobiflight on a networked PC. How do I get Mobiflight to see FSUIPC SimConnect on a different PC within the network?

Thanks.
2017-12-30 16:44
StephanHo
Supporter
Hi ncngrr!

Welcome to MobiFlight.

FSUIPC runs only on the PC, on which also the FSX is installed. With WideFS (paid) and the paid version of FSUIPC, you can install MobiFlight on any client (with WideFS) and it will work.
Grüße,
Stephan
2017-12-30 21:34
paul_max
Supporter
How will FSUIPC cope with multiple requests from 2 computers?

Will it affect the frame rate?
2018-01-17 12:12
StephanHo
Supporter
I see no problem here. FSUIPC runs on the computer where the simulation is running.
If MobiFlight is located on another computer (client), WideFS is used here. WideFS acts as a transmitter between MF and FSUIPC, except that the data runs over the network.

Since network data runs faster than USB data, but the amount of data to be transmitted is basically the same (handshaking requires both bus systems), both types of transmission should not adversely affect the frame rate.
MobiFlight does not permanently transfer data, but only when changes occur.
Grüße,
Stephan
2018-01-17 18:11
DannyT
Hi,

Can I use mobiflight on Client PC along with MSFS regarding Simconnect?

Danny
2021-04-07 15:23
pizman82
Supporter
Hi

I just ask one of the Pros ( for detailed Information, join our Discord Groups. )

He say.... "maybe" yes. He means Simconnect can be used over the network.... So MF should also get access to it if Simconnect is available on that client computer.
Please test this.... If you need support call us on Discord, please !

BUT IF you need also FSUIPC on that Computer ( pretty sure for Outputs at the moment) then you need the Payware "WideFS" from Pete Dowson, to run FSUIPC over the Network!
Good Luck !
2021-04-07 21:07
StephanHo
Supporter
WideFS now is content of FSUIPC7. You only need the WideClient from another link on the FSUIPC.com-Site for free.
Grüße,
Stephan
2021-04-07 22:45
icon