MobiFlight Community Support

Welcome to the forum for MobiFlight! Feel free to reach out to the community in case you have questions, issues or just want to share great ideas or details about your latest home cockpit project.

You like MobiFlight? Donate via PayPal and support the MobiFlight development. Thanks! 

Go to page 1Go to page 112Go to page 3Go to page 2
OmniAtlas
Hi Pizman,

Everything seems to work fine -- I performed a light test with A/P on while in flight and it did not disengaged. I also trialed light test with both AP1 and AP2 on and it did not disengage.

I will test the offset 07BC and and see if this will be a more straight forward way to implement the logic, but at this time it works great and exactly as intended!

Thank you,

Ben
2017-11-15 08:39
pizman82
Supporter
Fine. Then this is solved.....

Maby your simply lucky that Jeehell change it in correct sequence or mobiflight is pretty slow enough to do no change in this "millisecond".

Whatever .... If you like you can check the other offset and report result here for other users.

thanks for cooporation..... Have Fun ! :)
Good Luck !
2017-11-15 11:05
OmniAtlas
Hi Pizman,

I've observed 07BC and there is no change with AP1 or AP2 on. That is unfortunate, but at least it works with the logic you previously explained.

Thank you for the help.
2017-11-20 12:10
OmniAtlas
Hi pizman,

Solenoid doesn’t seem to lock after rotation, when I press AP after take off. I have to cycle it off and on before it engages. I have to do some further testing to see what is wrong with the logic.
2017-11-26 13:39
pizman82
Supporter
Hi... i just delete this project out of my brain already :-)

After a short reading again....

Mab this is now the problem i wrote above... With the "OFF" Config....
Finaly i´m shure we can find a solution.
Please make your tests (multiple times to prevent hapenstance ) and observe specialy the FSUIC value Collumn in the Mobiflight Window to check WHAT is happen in Sim.

Maby a fact... If we can exclude the "Lighttest while AP is ON" Situation then it´s much more easyer.....
I think as normal procedure you make a Lighttest while elctrical Power Up on the Gate..... But a Lighttest is never be done while AP=ON in cruise !
If we not need to simulate that the function is much more easyer to set.
Good Luck !
2017-11-26 15:48
OmniAtlas
Hello Pizman,

I have done some further testing --

It seems the solenoid does not engage if I do a clean startup from cold and dark, ready the aircraft and rotate -> AP on. No AP testing or light testing is performed on the ground. The logic as displayed in mobiflight seems to be active and working correctly. If I cycle AP off and on again, solenoid now works.

I also observed something strange with my wiring setup --

It appears my solenoids are connected to the 'NC' - normally closed circuit. If I connect it to the 'NO' connector of the relay, the solenoid activates and turns on, even when the computer is booting up. By default, the red light on the arduino relay is activated signalling the arduino is sending an on state to the relay switch. I am not too sure why this is the case.

I can only reason the +5v supply from the arduino is sending a 'High' signal state turning on the relay and completing the circuit so it is switched to a NO state at all times.

I would appreciate your wisdom.

Thank you.

Ben
2017-12-06 12:36
pizman82
Supporter
Hi....

About the technical side of Relais please wait for a reply of our elektronic masterbrain Stephan !
I not use Relais until now.... Only know the "logic" but not the technical side.... So NO and NC are "chineese" for me.

So i can´t tell you why the Relais get a signal on Startup of your Computer ! Thats a question for Stephan.

iconOmniAtlas:

It seems the solenoid does not engage if I do a clean startup from cold and dark, ready the aircraft and rotate -> AP on. No AP testing or light testing is performed on the ground. The logic as displayed in mobiflight seems to be active and working correctly. If I cycle AP off and on again, solenoid now works.

Here must be a issue in the logic already..... If you set AP after rotate it must controll the Relais SAME WAY like if you >>OFF >>ON the Switch again.
If NOT then a Indicator must be wrong OR you have a Double Overlay that 2 Configs try to set the Relais same time in different kind.

If you like you can send me a Email with the MCC File.... ( If Possible ONLY the Part of this function..... If Not please make a short Text in Mail and tell me WHAT Output configs are include in that function so i not must search for it in hundrets of lines )
Mail: pizman@freenet.de ( Please use "OmniAtlas- Mobiflight" in Header to protect spam filter ..... and give me some Days to reply)
Good Luck !
2017-12-06 18:40
OmniAtlas
Sure, thanks pizman, I'll try and get it out to you this weekend.

Cheers,

Ben
2017-12-08 06:45
OmniAtlas
FYI - Pizman has now solved the problem - thanks Pizman!

http://soarbywire.com/2017/11/13/sidestick-solenoid-lock/

Happy New Year!
2017-12-30 00:08
Go to page 1Go to page 112Go to page 3Go to page 2