MobiFlight Community Support

Welcome to the forum for MobiFlight! Feel free to reach out to the community in case you have questions, issues or just want to share great ideas or details about your latest home cockpit project.

You like MobiFlight? Donate via PayPal and support the MobiFlight development. Thanks! 

icon
vicious90270
Hello All...

Took a break from the flight sim due to real world situations but now im back and wow have things changed..First off glad Mobiflight is still up and running, and the help from the member is awesome as always. Now since ive been gone there is been a few updates with mobiflight and JeeHell Airbus that I just cant seem to figure out. 7 Segment display use to work just fine before i packed it all up but now all I get is 0000..its not a connection issue as i tested it with stock airbus and works like a charm. So any help there would be awesome...Second Rotary's...WHAT!!! All tutorials I found to forum topics are not speaking my noob language. Havent event touched LEDs and Push buttons but i figure I start with these 2 topics and hopefully i get going in the right direction...
2017-08-23 23:36
pizman82
Supporter
Welcome Back !

Basicly i don´t know about big chaning in the Jeehell and Mobiflight logic in the last time..... So your Displays should work if they worked in the past.
Please check here if you done a restart.....

After upload a new firmware ( You pritty shure did this when you come back after long time) some functions ( Maby the Displays) not work 100%. You need to restart the Software (Mobiflight) AND the Hardware (Arduino) first time after the Fuirmware Update !
Simply disconnenct the Arduino wait some seconds and connect it again !... then start Mobiflight and the Simulator and check your Displays.

If this solve the Problem then it´s fine..... If NOT please check the Display Configs.... Maby 1 Year ago Sebastian change the Data Pipe Logic.... Just have a look at it.
No other User report a problem.... pretty shure it´s a issue in your System !

To Encoder....

Thats no magic !!!
Basicly a Encoder is like 2 Buttons.... If you turn Left Mobiflight will execute Button1 on every Detent.... If you turn Right it will execute Button 2 on every Detent. ( Easy explaned)
In the Tab you can set a command for this 2 Functions ( On Left / On Right ) Additional there is a "On Fast" for every side.... If you like you can add 2 additional commands here that where executed if you turn the Encoder in fast speed.

So please just look your Lists of commands (Include in jeehell ) and set the needed command to the On Left and On Right Tab.
Good Luck !
2017-08-24 19:47
vicious90270
Hello

Thank you..I got it mostly working...I got the 7 segment display running, rotarys turning and LEDs lighting up...now im stuck in the buttons...While reading the JEEHELL offset for EXT PWR button on the overhead it shows 78EE lenght 1 bit VAlue 79...how do i input that info mobiflight???

EDIT:

Also Noticed on the HDG for Example..once i reach 0 or 359 it does not continue the turn...example im at 355 turn 20 degrees to 015 it stops at 359 unless i roll the other way back to 015.

Edit :

Got the buttons to work...still have the problem with the FCU 7 segment displays not rolling past 359 or 001
[Last edited by vicious90270, 2017-08-27 23:05]
2017-08-27 17:27
pizman82
Supporter
Hi

Please tell me how you set the Encoder for the HDG Function.... I can´t see in your system !

I don´t use Jeehell so i can´t test it.... Maby Problem is just the turnaround 359-0

If you use a Function like $+1 that can be a problem if jeehell not make the turnaround itself....
You can Try a if function.... For example to increase the HDG if($=359,0,$+1) that say... Always current Value +1 BUT if Value is 359 then not +1 then set value to 0

Again i don´t use jeehell. Maby you got a direct encoder Offset like EventID in FSX.... Then you simply need to set this event and Jeehell can do the calculationg itself.
Please try out and report if it solve the problem..... Else a advanced Jeehell user here can halp you.... pretty shure !
Good Luck !
2017-08-28 10:17
icon