MobiFlight Community Support

Welcome to the forum for MobiFlight! Feel free to reach out to the community in case you have questions, issues or just want to share great ideas or details about your latest home cockpit project.

You like MobiFlight? Donate via PayPal and support the MobiFlight development. Thanks! 

icon
tobypham
Hi,

I made precondition config turn on COM1 when Master Battery and Avionics set on
It works with default Cessna 172 in FSX but not working with A2A C172

Do you have any idea for that. Tks in advance!!

Brgds
2017-03-07 15:08
pizman82
Supporter
The A2A C172 is a AddOn Aircraft !

AddOns can use the same Offsets but the not must do this.....
I don´t know the technics from the A2A but i´m pretty shure it use a different offset for maby the Battery Master switch.

If i remember right there are 1-2 User here in this Mobiflight Board who workes with this plane allready.... Maby they can help you with detailed Information.
Else you have to google and use the A2A Support Board..... If you lucky you find a full Offsetlist maby. If Not you need to explore every function by youreself.

By the Way... A Registred FSUIPC would be helpfull here. I don´t want to say you should buy it now.... But i would do in youre situation.
Good Luck !
2017-03-07 16:54
tobypham
Hi, pizman82

I had registered FSUIPC. I also think its wrong about offset of Master Bat or Avionics
I will do google and tell you about result

by the ways, I can config change between Hz and Mz freq with single rotary encoder. I dont have to find dual rotary now.
If you want I will post the photos as tutorial how I did :P
I love FSUIPC and MF so much. tks you

2017-03-07 17:17
pizman82
Supporter
Hi Toby

1. If you got registred FSUIPC you can use the Logging tool ( activate in the FSUIPC Menu in FSX) .....
Log for example the "Events" and then open the Log Console Window....
If you push a button with youre mouse in the Virtual A2a Cockpit you see in this logging window what Event is started..... Or you can log specific offsets to see if there is a change when you do something.

With this tactic you can find out easy what offset or better what EventID you need to change a function or to readout something for youre planed configs !

To the Tutorial.....

I think Sebastian likes tutorials in the form like the already exist examples..... If you like just write a guide.... Maby in the "Projects" Subfolder of this Board.
So i think you not want a "copyright" for youre pictures and text.... Maby Sebastian or myself can use youre raw guide to build a real tutorial of it. Please resave the used Pictures in original Format and size on youre Computer.... Maby we need them if we finaly design the puplished version. So you can send the files later if needed.

Thnaks for youre help !
Good Luck !
2017-03-08 00:07
tobypham
Hi pizman82

I will write and share to your forum asap
Because I start with Mobiflight and its enough for me now. Its not easy for me (not professional about programming) :)
so I want to share what I did to everyone
I can not find dual rotary in my place so I really really excited when made it :D

Many tks
[Last edited by tobypham, 2017-03-08 13:21]
2017-03-08 09:01
pizman82
Supporter
By the Way....

If you got talent in working with driller and superglue B) you can build a dual encoder with two standard ones.... Specialy for the Boeing and Airbus Cockpits you need Tripple Encoders sometimes... those are not on market ( Or verry expensive if you buy just a original Boeing switch for 250$ ).
The Dual Encoders are availible for maby 20$ per piece..... But again you can build them DIY. Additional cou can build a Rotary Encoder/Rotary Switch Combo.

Just goolge for that !
Good Luck !
2017-03-08 18:31
albeagle
Take a look at my website under diy dual concentric encoder section on how i made dual concentric encoders myself, 4 for the radio and 2 for gps all together for around $13 ;)

http://flyingforfun.weebly.com/cessna-172-cockpit.html
Regards
AlbEagle

http://flyingforfun.weebly.com/cessna-172-cockpit.html
2017-03-09 09:30
tobypham
Im following your tutorial but I dont have enough tools to do it, even the dual knobs
I find out solution to program precondition function in MF to use with single rotaty encoder

Tks your tutorial so much
2017-03-09 15:44
icon