MobiFlight Community Support

Welcome to the forum for MobiFlight! Feel free to reach out to the community in case you have questions, issues or just want to share great ideas or details about your latest home cockpit project.

You like MobiFlight? Donate via PayPal and support the MobiFlight development. Thanks! 

icon
jimmullaney
Hi,

I followed the tutorial to get the 7-segment display working with my FCU and was able to get it working with the stock airbus that comes with P3D.

However, when I try to repeat with Jeehell A320, I get problems with the display.

My problem is identical to this -

https://youtu.be/fiDQfsoWzZI

Can anyone help me with this?

J
2016-10-19 05:32
pizman82
Supporter
Hello

Please report if this Problem is still present with current Mobiflight Version 7.1.3 .

Sebastian fixed a lot of things. If Problem still there we try to help you !
Good Luck !
2017-01-12 04:48
jimmullaney
Hi ..... it is still a problem with the latest version.

I did some more troubleshooting and think I have found the issue.

I had 3 8-digit displays connected to one device and had problems.

When I reduced this to 2, the issue went away and it became stable.

I now have a working FCU with rotary encoders and displays - I am very happy :)

J
2017-01-13 06:18
pizman82
Supporter
Hello "J"

Hope i´m right... Youre NOT the guy from the Video. You just say you got the same Problem.
I think about that situation a little longer but not realy get a idea whats the nature of the Problem.

What confusing me was the part he said "This happend only with Jeehell and not with stock Aircraft "

My guess was basicly again that this is just a wire Problem.

The evidence why i think so is that in Video ALL 8 Diggits show "88888888" But the middle diggit isn´t set in Mobiflight. A Software Problem normaly should not crash this single diggit i think..

My fist 7 Segment Diggits came with NOT mounted Pinsegments and i have to solder them myself to the five In and Out rows an the outer sides.
I solder relay faithfull but some of the Displays not work correct (Show 8888888, or show seperate diggits blank from time to time) ... Same like above
I use then a multimeter scanner and see my solderpoint got defective contact. while moving the Display it came to issues.
So i decide to buy better Displays next.... but i must report the Premounted tubes (solder by manifactur) looks great but i got some Displays ( 2 of 10) with similar issues. After scanning i see some solderpoints are not perferct and i repair them.

Hope you understand it´s difficult to solve this by looking a video.. Yes the guy said he recheck his soldering but i don´t know what he mean.... with a multimeter ? with shaking the Display to check for "slack joint" or did he only look if the cables in right pins ? Did he change the Displays together to see if the Problem now happend on the other one ?

So Jim.... Last question about this problem.... Can you confirm the Same Display (same Build same wireing) produce the issue ONLY with jeehell and workes fine with standard Offsets of Default Cessna ? Or is my theory right, that the problems came from Hardware and happend with normaly Planes too ??

Thank You !
Good Luck !
2017-01-13 08:13
icon