MobiFlight Community Support

Welcome to the forum for MobiFlight! Feel free to reach out to the community in case you have questions, issues or just want to share great ideas or details about your latest home cockpit project.

You like MobiFlight? Donate via PayPal and support the MobiFlight development. Thanks! 

icon
DidaJI
Hi,
in advance I would like to thank you very much for developing a great SW, I just have two questions about the settings.

1. Is there any way to set the display of decimal numbers on the LED display with the MAX7216? For example, when switching the speed to MACH, the value is, for example, 0.46, and the display shows: 00.4, I use a 3-digit display. Speed in miles is OK.

2. Is it somehow possible to display "---"? When I switch the autopilot to managed mode, it shows: "0-1".

3. Is it possible to somehow show "Std" on this display?

That's all for now, thanks a lot for any answers: Zdenek.

Picture of my autopilot:

[Last edited by DidaJI, 2022-12-02 15:06]
2022-12-02 14:27
pizman82
Supporter
Hi

iconDidaJI:

1. Is there any way to set the display of decimal numbers on the LED display with the MAX7216? For example, when switching the speed to MACH, the value is, for example, 0.46, and the display shows: 00.4, I use a 3-digit display. Speed in miles is OK.

This is a side effect of last Patch.... Cause we implement already the "base" for a new feature but not the "final output" for that.

In the Past Mobiflight could also handle Integer Numbers on 7 Seg Display..... And it also truncate all Decimals internal to Integers automatically.
Means a Mach Value of 0,46 ( Raw Data) we multiply in the past by 100 to get "46" instead....
And then we show it on the Display as "46" and set the Decimal Point "hardcoded" within the UI Mask by checkmark the DP we need.

Now we got the base to read and handle Decimal Numbers already since 9.6 BUT the Library for the 7Seg is not implement for now.
Means the 7Seg Displays not understand that 0,46 is a 3 DNumber Value.... It see it as text and means the decimal is a single diggit.... So it give 0_ ,46
THIS rework will be done in the next version when we tune the Output side also.

Solution: Use Old System for now.... Means multiply the raw 0,46 * 100 to get 46 and set the DP in the UI.

iconDidaJI:

2. Is it somehow possible to display "---"? When I switch the autopilot to managed mode, it shows: "0-1".
3. Is it possible to somehow show "Std" on this display?

Both is Possible by Conditions and within the Compare Tab.
Most easy if the raw Value already include this information (Some AddOns do this and set e.g. Value to 999 if Blank, 888 if Dashes or -1 for Std )
In that case you can say in Compare IF Value = 888 THEN '---' ELSE $
Its also doable within Code in that lines .... like if($=999,' ',if($=888,'---',$))'

If Value is in a other source we need to work with Config refferences, too.
So e.g. a Config read Status if STD must be shown or not ..... And then we use this Config as Placeholder in the final Display Config (lets say symbol # )
So we say something like if(#=1,'STD',$)

If you need help here.... Join our Discord. Then we can figure out together.
Good Luck !
2022-12-07 19:18
DidaJI
Thank you very much for the very comprehensive answer, I will try it and if I have any further questions I would contact you on Discord.
2022-12-08 09:36
icon