MobiFlight Community Support

Welcome to the forum for MobiFlight! Feel free to reach out to the community in case you have questions, issues or just want to share great ideas or details about your latest home cockpit project.

You like MobiFlight? Donate via PayPal and support the MobiFlight development. Thanks! 

icon
Caspajack
Hi Everyone,

I'm trying to setup a row of momentary buttons to change the views in FS2020.
I've tried the MSFS Action Type using different presets like VIEW_FORWARD or VIEW_LEFT but MSFS seems to ignore these.
I've also tried the FSUIPC EVENT ID options with for example VIEW_FORWARD which sets Event ID 65674 with param 1 and again it seems that FS2020 simply ignores these also.

I did see a post by Pizman where he showed how to use a different param like if($=1,0,1), but I don't know if that's relevant in this situation. As each button would simply active a different view.
I have since tried this and it doesn't make any difference, but works perfectly for things like fuel pump, or flaps etc.

Do these options work in MobiFlight? Or am I doing something wrong?

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks!
[Last edited by Caspajack, 2022-11-24 10:13]
2022-11-24 09:16
pizman82
Supporter
Hi

As you expect.... The if($=1,0,1) stuff is different and not relevant here.
This is needed to change a Switch position (toggle) or to manipulate a value like Heading or so.....

What you like to do is fire a Event .... Whatever with FSUIPC EventID or with Simconnect Events .... Here we normaly not send a Parameter or Value. We just "fire" the Event.

Why it not work....
I don´t know, cause i never try.
Most people do the view Controlls with there main Input device. So e.g. the Toggle Hat Switch on there Yoke. Means they set the commands directly in Sim Controll Options to these Joystick Buttons.

If you like you can contact me on Discord ( or a other advanced user).... then we can figure out this in a live Screenshare/Voice seasson.

I expect: you use the wrong Events. In FS2020 there are a lot of Camera Inputs. E.g. the "Forward" exist for the Drone, The Outside, the Follower and the inside View.
Some of them require to set a other Input before.... Others only work while a second thing is "hold" as i know.

I recommend... Do testings. Search for all Events with name "view" and try out them. Or make the setting for test in the Sim ( to a Joystick button) and remember the name of the working Command in sim.... Then try to find the same in Mobiflight and test again.
I will say it should work!
Good Luck !
2022-11-24 14:42
Caspajack
Thank you Pizman,

Once again a fountain of sensible suggestions to try.
I have not used Discord before so if I don't find an answer I will give it a shot and speak to you directly. In fact I look forward to it.

Best regards
John
2022-11-24 16:25
icon