MobiFlight Community Support

Welcome to the forum for MobiFlight! Feel free to reach out to the community in case you have questions, issues or just want to share great ideas or details about your latest home cockpit project.

You like MobiFlight? Donate via PayPal and support the MobiFlight development. Thanks! 

icon
canadianbacon
For some reason I can't get Mobiflight to work on a networked computer. Everything runs fine, when I use Mobiflight on the same computer as MSFS 2020. I followed all of the steps on the Github Wiki page "Connecting Mobiflight to MSFS2020 from a remote PC", but doesn't seem to work. Mobiflight shows that the sim is running under status, but I can't get Simconnect to connect. I haven't tried connecting through FSUIPC yet and would rather not go this route.
I see in the Github issue list there is an item for "Easy configuration for remote SimConnect connection". Is there still a plan to implement this sometime in the future? Thanks.
[Last edited by canadianbacon, 2022-10-14 20:14]
2022-10-14 15:46
pizman82
Supporter
Hi

this is a pretty new feature !

In the past (FSX/P3D) we use a 3rd Party Software ( FSUIPC Wide Client) for this..... With FS2020 it work also with our own Software .
BUT
The guys who have knowledge here are not observe this forum..... They are all on our DISCORD.... https://discord.gg/99vHbK7

Please be so kind and join Discord. Then you can ask/request for help the guys directly who create this Guides/tutorials.
Here i am not the right person in case i not use MF via Network myself !

NOTE: Simply contact the user(s) who create the Tutorial..... All of them are on our Discord !
Good Luck !
2022-10-15 01:41
canadianbacon
Thanks for the reply...I will try on Discord. If I figure it out, I'll post the solution on the forum.
2022-10-15 02:15
canadianbacon
Finally figured this out. I ended up spending hours/days for no reason!! Reinstalled windows 10 on both computers and followed all instructions. Same problem…nothing worked. The issue was that I kept saving the SimConnect.cfg file as a regular text file. I didn’t realize that it had to be a CFG file…didn’t even know what that type of file was. I ended up copying a CFG file from Axis and Ohs website and changed what I needed and everything worked perfectly. At least I learned everything I could about windows networks and firewalls. Mobiflight an impressive piece of software…sending donation soon. Thanks!!
2022-10-23 22:52
pizman82
Supporter
LOL....
You mean.... SimConnect.cfg was finally saved as SimConnect.cfg.txt so the editor by fault use the ".cfg" as part of the "name" finally.

I recommend for future to not use word or so..... Work with Notepad++ or other freeware "code editors" .
Good Luck !
2022-10-24 15:07
icon