MobiFlight Community Support

Welcome to the forum for MobiFlight! Feel free to reach out to the community in case you have questions, issues or just want to share great ideas or details about your latest home cockpit project.

You like MobiFlight? Donate via PayPal and support the MobiFlight development. Thanks! 

icon
Jonathankl
Hi all

I built radio panel,
4x5 digit 7 segment
4encoder
2buttons

Its all work amazing,
Now i try to add 25db cable for extension,

When i test in on mobiflight it all work fine,
When i open msfs via fsuipc7
It show only one display..(again, when i test in mobi it work amazing)

Any idea?
2022-08-06 18:00
pizman82
Supporter
Hi

I never heard about a user who use DB25 .
Don´t know if this can work. Really ALL Users i ever meet work with USB.

Whatever.... The strange fact is your report.
FSUIPC and FS2020 is no factor for us.... Comunication between MF Connector and Arduinos (MF Firmware) is a ownstanding thing.
Means if TEST for LED and 7Seg work then its no mater if we send this Test sequence or the Sim Value.... Both is just Data.
If test works this confirms also Run will work.

Only fact....
I don´t know how the Power System work with your kind of Cable.

For sure. In Testing purpose only one Display Light up same time.
In RUN all 4 will light parallel.
Maybe this DB25 Cable not support enough power ??

Here we need to talk to the Pro Users... maybe some have experience with this interface/cable
Good Luck !
2022-08-06 22:05
pizman82
Supporter
Update:

May i missunderstand.... Do you like to connect the Mega to your Computer via this DB25 OR do you just wire a DB25 to a Panel and connect it on the other side via 25 single wires or a connector on the Mega ?

Whatever.... I think we should talk more detailed about the problem.

Please if possible joind DISCORD https://discord.gg/99vHbK7

Contact me there ( or one of the Mods) then we can have a deeper look to your configuration and situation !
Good Luck !
2022-08-06 22:14
Jonathankl
Hi sorry,

I just try to wire all to build a radio panel with female db25 port and connect it with db25 cable to my arduino located in "control box"

There is a length of wire recommended no exceed ?

in addition i wolud like to know if there is a limit of 7segment display for mobifligt?
as i found there is only limit per Arduino (4 individual ) and cant find something pre mobiflight
[Last edited by Jonathankl, 2022-08-07 13:47]
2022-08-07 06:59
pizman82
Supporter
Its always a question of kind of device and also about quality of Cable/wire and the used connection.

E.g. 7Seg are more sensible like a simple switch or LED. Here i would use short lenght od 30-50cm . A LED pretty sure also work with 2 meters.
Perfect solder and a good shielded wire will increase length i expect.

About Limit.

A single Arduino can handle 1-4 Max7219 "Devices"
This can be single MaxChips OR Chains.
A Chain can be hold 1-8 Chips.
So Limit for ONE Arduino is 4x8=32 Max Chips ( =32*8=256 Diggits)

Always note: Chains need a correct 5V support. If you use premade Tubes you have to remove the critical diode or you power EACH Max directly with 5V ( Chained 5v is not possible with diodes on the PCB ).
Also note: Max Tubes need power. Lots of Tubes or additional to LED and extremly motors overdrive the limit of Mega!
Its recommend to power a project with multiple Max Chips external !
Good Luck !
Today 00:34
icon