MobiFlight Community Support

Welcome to the forum for MobiFlight! Feel free to reach out to the community in case you have questions, issues or just want to share great ideas or details about your latest home cockpit project.

You like MobiFlight? Donate via PayPal and support the MobiFlight development. Thanks! 

icon
auransbey
Good morning dear friends.
I have recently installed version 9.2 and would like to use the potentiometers function which we have been waiting for for a long time.
unfortunately it is not clear to me which eventids I have to use for the control of the axes, flaps and speedbrake.
I have P3D, 737 PMDG.
as always, thanks for the help
MF - simply wonderful !!
2022-01-23 16:14
pizman82
Supporter
:-)

In case PMDG is not build for those "Custom" Potis you will not find any Events.
I understand you wait for the Poti Support.... But the basic fact is still the same.... A FlapLever is done by Buttons and not by a Poti !
Speedbrake can be done.... But not via a PMDG Event.... Here it´s a simple Axis in the Sim ( P3D Controlls)

Same for Flightcontrolls like Pitch, Roll, Rudder..... Nothing is done inside PMDG.... These are Sim Controlls.

So finally it is not verry logical to use Mobiflight here.... For all a real HID Joystick Controller is much more better.
Not build a bypass with MF to do the same like a real Joystick would do !

If you really like to use MF here ( Whatever make no sense) then you must controll the FSUIPC Values for the Flaps, Speedbrakes, and the Main Controlls!
Same way as for every other Aircraft!

EDIT: Just to clearify.... The MF Potis have a benefit and are usefull.... E.g to handle the Brightness Selectors for the Backlight/DisplayUnits.
Or to handle the Selctors of the Wether Radar, The Temp Selectors on the Overhead, the Radio Volume ( in some Addons)....
But in my opinion NOT for Main Controlls or Flaps, Brakes and so on.
Good Luck !
2022-01-23 17:26
auransbey
perfect!!
thank you very much for your invaluable help as always.
I'll do as you say and use LEOBODNAR for the control surfaces.
thank you
MF - simply wonderful !!
2022-01-23 17:50
pizman82
Supporter
Just for Info....

Using a "expensive" LeoBodnar is not required.
You can also use a cheap small Arduino ( with HID posibility) and a free Sketch from Guthub to create a "HID Controller" that work same way as a LeoBodnar ( expect Encoder Support).

If you already got a Bodnar.... Use it. If not may you like to think about a little money save !
Good Luck !
2022-01-23 23:05
icon