MobiFlight Community Support

Welcome to the forum for MobiFlight! Feel free to reach out to the community in case you have questions, issues or just want to share great ideas or details about your latest home cockpit project.

You like MobiFlight? Donate via PayPal and support the MobiFlight development. Thanks! 

icon
randy2101
Howdy,

I'm not sure if I am doing something incorrectly or there is an issue. I am using the latest version of FSUIPC, and P3D v5.3. I am currently trying to the get the value of the Heading in the MCP, but nothing seems to work. I have enabled the broadcast in the _options.ini .
If I turn Logging on in FSUIPC and set the "Specific value checks" offset to 652C S8 Hex and display to FS Window I can see the SimConnect Message Window with the value of IPC:652C (S8) = 0x0 (and as I turn the knob this does increment/decrement).
If I also turn on the logging in FSUIPC to see the IPC Reads/Writes and send to console window nothing is shown. How can get this value read by Mobiflight and should it show in the FSUIPC Logging console window?

--Randy
[Last edited by randy2101, 2021-12-14 16:02]
2021-12-14 15:53
pizman82
Supporter
Hi

At first.... Why do you want to log this in FSUIPC ???

Simply make for testing a Mobiflight Output Config..... Read the specific Offset .... Not use a Device like a Display or LED. We not want to show something.... We just like to test.

If you press RUN then you see right of the Config Line 2 Collumns..... FSUIPC Value and Output Value.
In the FSUIPC Collumn you will see the "raw" Value that is supported on that Offset!

About Test:

1. Wrong Setting:
iconQuote:

offset to 652C S8 Hex

iconQuote:

652C 2 WORD MCP_Heading

Heading is a Integer ..... So HEX is wrong and should be used as INT .....
Heading is a "word" Cause it can be more then 0-255 . So it can not be 8bit.... it is 16 bit .... so S8 is wrong !
Heading should be not Signed ..... It NOT work from -180 to +180 so it must be "unsigned" ..... So Not S8 ---- U16 is the key !

2. Wrong Logic....
the Logging you use at first just check the "Offset" itself ""Specific value checks""
As you say this workes....

The other Logging "IPCWrites/Read" Check if there are done Writes or Reads via the IPC Interface.
If MObiflight make a Write or a Read this is logged here.
But for sure.
If you have no Output Config in MF that read this Offset ( And MF is not currently in RUN Mode) then for sure there are no Reads logged!

Summary:
Please tell me WHAT you exactly like to confirm by the logging.... I not understand your intention here at the moment !
Good Luck !
2021-12-15 18:13
icon