MobiFlight Community Support

Welcome to the forum for MobiFlight! Feel free to reach out to the community in case you have questions, issues or just want to share great ideas or details about your latest home cockpit project.

You like MobiFlight? Donate via PayPal and support the MobiFlight development. Thanks! 

icon
omegavale@hotmail.com
Hi. I'm not finding the function hdg Inc or dec, to configure in an encoder. Where can I find her?
Thanks.
2021-11-21 01:25
pizman82
Supporter
Hi

This can not be awnserd, in case you not tell us exactly what you need!

Like " Where can i find a Gas Station ??" .... I not know if you parking in front of my house or if you are currently in Hongkong or on TimeSquare in NYC ..... So how should i guid you without know where you are ? :P

Tell us:

1. Used Sim ? ( FSX, Xplane, P3D, FS2020 ) .... Each is fully different.
2. Used Aircraft ( Stock, AddOn, Puplisher) .... Each single Aircraft can use different Input Sources)
Good Luck !
2021-11-21 08:26
omegavale@hotmail.com
Okay, sorry. I use FS2020. I would like to configure a rotary encoder to change HDG parameters. At the moment I am not using a specific aircraft, I would like to configure it in: "Actions type-MS 2020 events - Microsoft/2020/events, so it could work on other aircraft.:rolleyes:
2021-11-21 15:18
pizman82
Supporter
Ok.

In FS2020 you already figure out.... WASM is the correct way ( Fs2020 Events) ..... here we normaly no longer use the old FSUIPC system !

Badly there is no "casual" Event that work for everything..... Also the "stock" aircrafts that was delivered with FS2020 ( Like the C172 or the B787) are verry individual. And also a problem is that Asobo change some systems over and over again with every patch.

So its not possible to say " Use Event xxxx" .... May it work for the Cessna but not for the B787.

Currently the only way is to make "try and error" and check every existing Event in the List that sounds like "HDG increase" .... OR you go the "Research way" and use the FS2020 DEV Mode ( Model Behavour Logging) and check youreself what event is used in the current aircraft.... And then you use this event in your config.

Same like in the past.... It is not possible to build a "universal" Config that work for every Aircraft..... Decide what aircraft you like to fly..... Build a Config for this aircraft and use the correct Events..... And if you like to swap to another aircraft, then do the same again and buld a own config file for that aircraft !

I know this sounds unpracticable.... But in case most Sim Pilots not fly lots of aircrafts and build there homecockpits just for one single typ..... This is no problem !
If you like to be flexible for different Aircrafts..... You also need to invest a lot of more time !
Good Luck !
2021-11-22 00:25
icon