MobiFlight Community Support

Welcome to the forum for MobiFlight! Feel free to reach out to the community in case you have questions, issues or just want to share great ideas or details about your latest home cockpit project.

You like MobiFlight? Donate via PayPal and support the MobiFlight development. Thanks! 

icon
gcmoir
Supporter
Apologies that this is not really a Mobiflight issue, (I don't think), but hoping that someone here might have some thoughts because I'm completely stuck.
I am using Windows 10 with P3d V4.5 and latest registered version of FSUIPC. My cockpit, including the MCP is homemade and using Arduinos interfacing with Mobiflight. It works 100% with PMDG B737. Now, I want to migrate to Prosim. I have a 30 day trial license with the latest version of their B737. I have configured the MCP 7 segment displays, Encoders and toggle switches and they all work however, I just cannot get any of the KD2 momentary pushbuttons to work. Just taking one as an example, I'm using the offset 66C0.0 for the switch and 66C0.1 for the LED. For the input settings I'm using "On Press" and the following config:- if($=0,1,0). When I run it I can see on Prosim Input Debugger that the switch presses are registered but there is no response on the Prosim MCP display nor on my physical MCP and pilot displays. I have tried all different input settings such as using the "on Release" 0 but makes no difference. I have replaced the momentary switch with a toggle and get the same result. To eliminate a switch problem I have used the pushbutton in a toggle position and it works perfectly. I have even used a fresh copy of Mobiflight with a new Arduino and only a pushbutton switch and LED connected to eliminate any interference from earlier configurations but makes no difference. My Prosim system module and display module are running on the same computer, I have tried with the display module running on another computer but also makes no difference.
I have been working on this issue for several days and have researched Prosim forum and also this forum for similar problems but still cannot fix this. I have posted on the Prosim forum but seems to be little interest because they say Prosim does not natively support Arduinos but to be fair, one guy has been very helpful but we have hit a brick wall. Just wondering if there might be anyone here with some thoughts about this.

Thanks,
Graeme
2021-10-14 02:28
gcmoir
Supporter
After many many hours trying to figure this out the answer turns out to be very simple - the aircraft must be in flight for any of the MCP Mode Select switches to operate.

Graeme
2021-10-14 16:34
icon