MobiFlight Community Support

Welcome to the forum for MobiFlight! Feel free to reach out to the community in case you have questions, issues or just want to share great ideas or details about your latest home cockpit project.

You like MobiFlight? Donate via PayPal and support the MobiFlight development. Thanks! 

icon
Ilirio
Hi,

I was trying to implement a rotary encoder to control the Elevator Trim for the JU-52. I used FSUIC Event-Ids ELEV-TRIM-UP and ELEV-TRIM-DN and it worked. However I also wanted to show the current value in an LCD. For that purpose I used the preset Controls-Elevator Trim, which returned a float value as follow:

-1º = 0.0000
0º = 0.0130
+1º = 0.0260

And so on...

I applied some transformations to show the value in degrees ($*10000)/130-1 but I couldn't obtain a float number in my display (I used "ELEV-TRIM $$$"). Am I doing anything wrong? Is it possible to display what I want?

Bonus question: In the JU-52 the same wheel is used for trim and flaps, by using a lever which alternates those functions. Can I reproduce such a system in Mobiflight? (i.e. change the behaviour of a rotary encoder depending on the position of a switch)

I wouldn't mind using LUAs
2021-10-12 12:13
icon