MobiFlight Community Support

Welcome to the forum for MobiFlight! Feel free to reach out to the community in case you have questions, issues or just want to share great ideas or details about your latest home cockpit project.

You like MobiFlight? Donate via PayPal and support the MobiFlight development. Thanks! 

icon
Achird
Good day,

I have Windows 10, FSX, FSIUPC 4 (registered), Arudino Mega. I tried the most basic - Parking brake. Test is working fine. FSIUPC indicator is green, no error messages. When I apply parking brakes - nothing happened. It looks for me that the FSIUPC is not sending any information.
Maybe I am doing something wrong.

Regards
2021-09-21 16:56
pizman82
Supporter
Hi

Hard to solve without more deeper informations.

Normaly Parking Brake is "global" and also AddOns should work with it.
For most systems ( e.g. Autopilot Altitude) AddOns use different Offsets.
So make your test for confirmation with a FSX Standard Aircraft ( C172 e.g.)

Also check the FSUIPC Value Collumn in MF Connector Main Window (Output)
There you see if something is wrong......
But again. Parking Brake is so basic.... Normaly there can be no issue here.

If you like.... Join our DISCORD ..... https://discord.gg/99vHbK7
There you can send a screenshot with one click. OR You can share screen and talk to us via free VoIP.
Good Luck !
2021-09-21 17:05
Achird
Thank so much for the reply. One thing I noticed - in the tutorial that the Parking brakes should be under "General-Parking Brakes" but in my version of MobiFlight that Parking brakes are under "Controls-Park Braking". Is this correct?
2021-09-21 17:23
pizman82
Supporter
Yes.

The Tutorial was created (Screenshots) in a verry early phase of MF ( Years ago) ...... Meanwhile we enlarge the Preset list a lot and we also change some names.

Whatever..... Not get fixed to the parking brake..... Nearly every Element can be used for testing.
Start your FSX..... Get sure you got correct FSUIPC (V4) in the latest release ...... Then choose for a Preset. IF parking brake not work us e.g. COM1 Active Frequency.
The LED is not important..... You chust check the value RIGHT of the Config line. ( 2 Collumns.... FSUIPC Value and OUTPUT Value) .
If you press on RUN ..... And all is fine then in this lines there must be a Value..... E.g. 1 or 32767 oif it´s ON.
Or if you read COM1 and sim shows 123,45 then the Offset must show 12345 or 2345 .....

Important is.... Confirm there is a value !

EDIT !!! A often done Issue by new users..... Confirm the Checkmark of the Config (left collumn) is active ! Else the config is not work !
Good Luck !
2021-09-21 22:47
Achird
I was just about to write that I found it. You are right - it was the "Active" checkbox. My mistake. Apologies :blush:
2021-09-22 01:04
icon