MobiFlight Community Support

Welcome to the forum for MobiFlight! Feel free to reach out to the community in case you have questions, issues or just want to share great ideas or details about your latest home cockpit project.

You like MobiFlight? Donate via PayPal and support the MobiFlight development. Thanks! 

icon
hrings
I think after updating to 9.0.0 the stepper suddenly got wild.
The 0 point moved to flap 25 and trying to adjust via connector is impossible.
The move does not work, the test does not work.
The sim and output value in connector is correct and funniest of all the indicator works from the fixed position(25 or 4.30 o'clock) when flap is selected by handle.
When selecting flap 5 it goes to 8 o'clock position so the span of the needle is correct.
Can anyone answer me why I cant adjust it via the move or what is wrong.
I have a backup indicator on another arduino that suffer from the same problem so i figure that the fault must be in MF ???
HenningR
2021-08-24 11:16
pizman82
Supporter
Hi

In case i not know your config i can not reproduce this.

What i would do.....

Use your Backup Stuff..... Best way as clean as possible ( Only one device on the Mega.... Only this Motor) and with a fresh Firmware Flashed.
Then create a NEW "*.mcc" File and test something pretty easy....
E.g. Parking Brake.... Or Standard FSX/P3D Flaps.
Also try out if you can THERE select a new Zero Point !

In easy words.... Find out if Problem is....
A ) On that Mega
B ) Only with that MCC File
C ) PMDG Related
and so on.

If you can guide us to reproduce in a easy way, we can have a look into it,.
Good Luck !
2021-08-25 14:48
hrings
It is only this guage (Flap indicator) and it seems that it is only the 0 point that has shifted position.
The no. 2 guage on the flap is in the open so there I just manually turned it to 0 and then it works as expected.
All others in the MCC works it is only the no 1 flap indicator that has a wrong 0 point and unable to adjust via MF.
it is set up with 0x6568 Float 4 transform $*1000 and on the display page Steps 3600 2040 test value 2830.
It has worked perfectly until a couple of days ago when the 0 point shifted, and it works ok now but with wrong 0 point. and unable to adjust and test.
Can it be that the arduino suddenly has been overloaded
HenningR
2021-08-25 16:14
pizman82
Supporter
Delete the Motor in the Device Settings on that Board..... Then UPLOAD the Setting WITHOUT the motor.
Restart the Board ( USB Disconncet and MF Restart )

After restart MF ( while Board is connected) create the Motor for new..... Same Name Same Pins. And get SURE the checkmark for Auto Calibration is NOT set!
UPLOAD it again WITH the new Settings...... And again a Restart from Arduino and Mobiflight.

Then Test.
Should work hopefully now !
Good Luck !
2021-08-25 17:53
hrings
It must be something with MF.
I have two steppers connected and on different arduino boards and both acts the same.
I have done all what Pizman82 has suggested and even on one of the steppers replaced it with a new board and motor to see if any change.
After deleting everything and new set up the manual calibration is greyed out and test function does not work.
Then I selected a flap setting that gave the output to set the needle to 0, disconnecting stepper, setting flap handle back to 0 and then connecting stepper again it works correct, but
Manual calibration and test function is still not working
HenningR
2021-08-26 10:36
icon