MobiFlight Community Support

Welcome to the forum for MobiFlight! Feel free to reach out to the community in case you have questions, issues or just want to share great ideas or details about your latest home cockpit project.

You like MobiFlight? Donate via PayPal and support the MobiFlight development. Thanks! 

icon
Julesta
Hello

I have noticed, that with several airplanes (all) the values that MSFS2020 has, are slightly differents that those that you get from FSUIPC. I do not know why but this is the same since that MSFS2020 is with us. SIMCONNECT, FSUIPC, MB and MSFS2020 speak different languages? It´s rare...;) ;) ;) Anyone know the reason?:w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

Best regards,
2021-07-23 11:43
pizman82
Supporter
I not know specific what you mean ( examples please)

But if i understand correctly you mean the basic "system" of the numbers.

FSUIPC is "stoneage" and support data in a poor easy way..... E.g the Heading is not 0-359 it is 0-65535 .
These is based on the computer programming language from the early 1990´s

Today (FS2020) we got simconnect that export the data mostly in a clear way ( and in the unit we like)
So you say e.g you want the current Altittude..... Then you say the Unit e.g. Meters, Feets , inches, Miles whatever) and you get the number.

Overall.... FSUIPC (V7 for FS2020) is still use a code that is 30 Years old.... So the values THERE are still "different"
Good Luck !
2021-07-28 16:53
Julesta
Ok, thanks.

With the new program without FUIPC those problems are gone? It´s only a question, because I do not want to start again with my Copckit It was hard to program it a year ago.

Sincerely

A stupid question. Sometimes I want to delete my message, but ¡I do not know how to do it!. ¿is it possible?
2021-07-30 19:04
pizman82
Supporter
Hi

If a USer start from new ( with FS2020) its recommend to work with the current up to date tool..... And thats the new WASM System. So new users no longer need FSUIPC.
For sure if you still got a complex config that is working you can use FSUIPC already.

Also a Combination is no problem.....
USe your old Config and check what is working. Use the working stuff again and only for the elements that are broke or problematic you can rework the specific Config lines..... And for sure here i would directly use the new FS2020 System instead to try again the old FSUIPC Stuff.

Both will work.... But for my opinion the new system is Faster, more easy and finally more complex in case nearly everything is possible ( and not only the things pete dowson incldue himself in FSUIPC)

About Deleting.....
I don´t know in case i got Admin Rights here in Forum!
I can delete postings ( From myself and from everyone else) ..... I´m not sure if a regulary user also can do this !
Check if there is a red symbol next to the EDIT Button below your postings !

Good Luck !
2021-08-18 13:12
Julesta
Thanks all your help. :thumbup: As ever. As you write I´ve a lot of work with FSUIPC and I do not want to learn now other stuff. I can live with FUIPC :mad:

Sometimes I think that my post is not important and I think to delete it, but...:w00t: :w00t:
2021-08-22 16:07
icon