MobiFlight Community Support

Welcome to the forum for MobiFlight! Feel free to reach out to the community in case you have questions, issues or just want to share great ideas or details about your latest home cockpit project.

You like MobiFlight? Donate via PayPal and support the MobiFlight development. Thanks! 

icon
Fontana101
Hello, first of all love this software I have made a control panel for the default aircraft that use the presets for the G1000 avionics in MSFS2020 and has bee working great.
My question is, I have tried to custom make a control panel using the MSFS2020 GNS530 presets in the software (version 8.0.2) for a Carenado aircraft (Mooney M20R) and can't seem to get it to work. I'm not very smart when it comes to programing or electronics but I was able to get the G1000 panel to work using the presets that you guys provided in the software, so I'm not sure why the GNS530 wont work? I'm using a arduino mega 2560 just like I did for the G1000, exact same board in fact just a different profile.

Thank you in advance for your consideration in helping. :)
2021-02-21 01:08
pizman82
Supporter
Hi

Its a little different to just use the Presets or to build those Elements by hand. Whatever.... It´s no Magic, but need a little experience.

Step 1 is to confirm Hardware is fine. In Your case thats done if you say you use the same Board for a other config and there all is fine.

So all you need to do now is to create and include the new stuff that is currently missing, ( New Events)
If you share the elements ( tested and confirmed they work) with Sebastian then he will official include them in the future.... So other people and also you can THEN use them as presets, too.

How to do....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKBjEl9E5A4

If you get in trouble please get in contact to the Discord Mobiflight-Server Comunity. https://discord.gg/99vHbK7
There are advanced users who have experience and can help !
Good Luck !
2021-02-21 06:33
Fontana101
Thank you for the reply, I was able to get everything to work. For whatever reason when I tested it out again today without changing anything it works perfectly.

I can confirm that the MSFS2020 GNS530 presets are working. Not sure why I was having issues yesterday, and now working today. I'm guessing there was some confliction with another control hardware, or order of operations when connecting all my hardware.
2021-02-21 20:05
aeromax
Supporter
Nice to hear. yes,..

iconQuote:

Not sure why I was having issues yesterday, and now working today. I'm guessing there was some confliction with another control hardware, or order of operations when connecting all my hardware.

I've had few problems like this before. Solved it by restarted everything, step by step.
Life is Good When You Find What You are Looking For!
2021-02-21 20:36
Doon1
Hello All,
I just found this program yesterday. What a great tool. I am having an issue similar to what you described.
I am able to set up buttons and encoders with no issue using the FSUICP offset action type but can't seem to get any of the MSFS2020 events to function. I have a button programed and the board firmware flashed. I verified that both the button and the board pin function by assigning both to a FSUICP offset action type and it works. Yet when I change the function to a MSFS2020 event it doesn't work. I have rebooted my machine to see if restarting would work like it did in your case but it did not. I have tried several of the GNS530 and GNS430 function buttons (msg, cdi, …) yet none work. I'm flying the 172 default steam gauge aircraft. MF, FSUICP, and MSFS are all run as admin.
Any ideas?
[Last edited by Doon1, 2021-02-21 22:48]
2021-02-21 22:35
JeffChrisope
Just checking ... you didn’t need it if you are using FSUIPC offsets, but if you are using the “MSFS Events” you need to install one of the sub folders in your MSFS2020 community folder, it surfaces events that SimCinnect and FSUIPC can’t get at (yet). I only have then right double encoder fully working with this method, but that’s all I actually want, since it’s the single most-used control in the 430/530 (by me,, at least) ...
2021-02-22 00:45
Doon1
Thank you. I did not add the sub folder. It is unfortunate that FSUIPC doesn't have any of the GNS offsets yet Did it have them for FSX?
2021-02-22 01:09
Doon1
That was it. I tested all the GNS530 buttons and they worked. Maybe we can get yours working too.
2021-02-22 01:25
pizman82
Supporter
:-)

1. RESTART:

This is said in the Videos !. The WASM Module ( inside FS2020) is loaded on Startup of the Sim.
So sure.... If you change something there ( like inlcude a new Entry) need a Restart.... Cause only on next startup the new included elements get readed.
And also Mobiflight need a Restart to see the new added Presets ( Same reason.... it load them at Startup one time)

2. Non working connection:
Also explaned in the Videos. You must by hand install ( Copy paste) the WASM Module into your FS2020!

We know this is not perfect at the moment... But see it from the other side.... Without this tool FS2020 Inputs would be impossible for many months again. It looks like the Dawsons not realy growing forward with there FSUIPC. ( Wondering myself) .
So stay calm.... It looks like Sebastian can increase the features from this new Tool.... And hopefully it also get a real Automaticly setup in the future and also the posibility to use it for Ouputs.... And THEN there is no need to use FSUIPC for FS2020 finaly.
Good Luck !
2021-02-22 17:29
fly_molo
iconFontana101:

Hello, first of all love this software I have made a control panel for the default aircraft that use the presets for the G1000 avionics in MSFS2020 and has bee working great.

Getting started with a G1000 project myself, but not sure how to start. Can you share more details on your G1000?
1. Which default aircraft did you work with?
2. Did you create a bezel with buttons and knobs?
3. How did you get all those buttons and knobs on the Arduino Mega? Or did you skip some? Or did you use an expander or shift registers?
4. What did you use for displays? iPad? eBay touchscreen?

Any help to get a working G1000 like yours is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
2021-07-30 15:31
icon