MobiFlight Community Support

Welcome to the forum for MobiFlight! Feel free to reach out to the community in case you have questions, issues or just want to share great ideas or details about your latest home cockpit project.

You like MobiFlight? Donate via PayPal and support the MobiFlight development. Thanks! 

icon
John-A-R
Hi, I am using FSX Steam on win 10. I have a problem which I'm sure will be very simple to many of you.
I am building a radio along the lines of the standard FSX radio.
The problem I am having is connecting LEDs to the 'Ident' buttons on the bottom row. I have successfully followed the two tutorials regarding the parking brake, to the point
of using the 'if' statement with 'On Press' & 'On Release' to use a momentary push switch as a toggle.
This is what I am aiming for with the 'Ident' buttons, however I can't find a suitable preset in the Output ConfigWizard.
I think I need to learn a lot more about presets, if someone could help me resolve my problem, or equally important direct me to where I can learn these things for myself I would be very grateful.
Cheers
John.
2021-07-25 13:19
StephanHo
Supporter
Hi John,

welcome to MobiFlight.

Please look into your Sim folder: ...\FSX\Modules\FSUIPC Documents\
Here you should find a document named The 2016 List of FSX and P3D Controls.pdf
or FSUIPC5 Offsets status 5.155.pdf

Here you find the FSX regarding offsets and EventIDs that canbe used for the standard aircrafts. If you use an addon you should look for similar lists at the developer of the addon.
Grüße,
Stephan
2021-07-27 19:35
pizman82
Supporter
Hi

I´m a bit confused.... Cause you mix up IN and OUT .....

You like to connect a LED..... So we talk about a OUTPUT..... But the Ident Button is a momentary INPUT..... Also your idea With a IF Statement and On Press and On Release sounds like you talk now about INPUTS.

Please make it more easy.... Tell me WHAT the LED should do.... What function should it announciate or how should it work !
Good Luck !
2021-07-28 16:22
John-A-R
Hi again,
firstly thank you Stephan and pizman for taking the time and trouble to try to help me. Sorry if I've caused any confusion.

What I would like to achieve is:- button 'A', INPUT use preset 'RADIO_VOR1_IDENT-TOGGLE'
When button 'A' is pressed I would like an OUTPUT to illuminate an LED.

My problem is that on the ConfigWizard I can't find an OUTPUT preset that corresponds to the INPUT preset of 'RADIO_VOR1_IDENT-TOGGLE'

Stephan the files you directed me to seem very comprehensive, Can event ID numbers be used when configuring an OUTPUT ?

I realise I could simply use a Double Pole latching micro switch but I would really like to get to grips with MobiFlight. Can you suggest any lessons or tutorials
(at beginner level !)
Many thank again
John.
2021-07-29 14:42
pizman82
Supporter
Hi again!

At first.... EventID can NOT be used for OUTPUT !
As the name say..... A Event is a "row of executed things" ..... Means you say to Sim " Please start a sequence with the Name "xyz" and DO something .

A OUTPUT is always a Offset from FSUIPC ( in older Sims and also in FS2020 ) OR a Simconnect Variable (in FS2020 only)

In easy words.... Inputs do something in the Sim..... Outputs read something from the Sim. Technical a IN and OUT are not combined or related to each other.
So a LED in Mobiflight normaly never is related to the Real Switch/Button ( Only in some improvisional things)
Means a Button not controll a LED itself..... It controll the Virtual Function..... and the LED finally show the virtual System that have changed by the button prior.

Solution for your Problem:

If i understand right you need the "NAV Sound" Status LED.... So if you select e.g. NAV1 in the Radio you will hear the Morse Code.... And you like to Light a LED if this is active.

iconQuote:

Offset: 3122 Size 1 Byte : Radio audio switches. Read/write bit settings as follows:
2^7 COM1 transmit
2^6 COM2 transmit
2^5 COM receive both
2^4 NAV1 sound
2^3 NAV2 sound
2^2 Marker sound
2^1 DME sound
2^0 ADF1 sound

This is working with BITMASK ..... If you select e.g. Bit #4 ( the 5th Bit from the right) then your Config show Status from the NAV1 Morse Code LED.

Alternate:
iconQuote:

3105 1 VOR1 morse ID sound (1 = on, 0 = off), read for state, write to
control (see also 3122)
?-SimC ?-SimC
3106 1 VOR2 morse ID sound (1 = on, 0 = off), read for state, write to
control (see also 3122)
?-SimC ?-SimC
3107 1 ADF1 morse ID sound (1 = on, 0 = off), read for state, write to
control (see also 3122)

Good Luck !
2021-07-29 15:05
John-A-R
Hello again Pizman82,

Very happy to tell you that offsets 3105, 3106, 3107 & 3122 worked perfectly, thank you so much for your time and patience !

I have one more very basic question, so basic I am reluctant to ask, but here goes anyway. In offset 3122 what does the ' 2^ ' signify ?
I understand that the numbers following are the bits to be selected for specific purpose.

Anyway thanks again
John.
2021-07-30 12:56
icon