MobiFlight Community Support

Welcome to the forum for MobiFlight! Feel free to reach out to the community in case you have questions, issues or just want to share great ideas or details about your latest home cockpit project.

You like MobiFlight? Donate via PayPal and support the MobiFlight development. Thanks! 

icon
bar_rodoy
Hey... I think I have suggested that before,any chance to make Mobiflight compatible with HD44780 lcd display? It is very popular in the arduino community and may be add a support for Nokia 5110 lcd display too... Those will be great for display info.

Thanks!
Bar
2015-06-12 10:19
DocMoebiuz
I am also thinking about having a LCD support. It should be possible to get something general into MobiFlight.
First I need to buy a LCD though :-) and in terms of priority it would be after stepper support.

I hope that you still can use already MobiFlight somehow and that you are patient enough until then.
Have a great day!
Sebastian

MobiFlight - Simply build your own home cockpit for your favorite flight sim - FSX, Prepar3D (FSUIPC), X-Plane (XPUIPC)
2015-06-13 23:00
bar_rodoy
I will be patient. Mobiflight is great... Waiting for my Max7219 7 segment display to arrive at the mailbox ;)
2015-06-14 08:25
realjack88
There is an alternative if you are inpatient.

If you have another Arduino card, you can program it with Lin2FS and connect it to LCDs. I connected two LCDs and used it for autopilot display just for fun. I can pass you the code/program if you decided to pursue.
2015-08-25 04:08
masawee
ewerybody NOT use hd47780 display because we live at 2016 and have i2c LCD who working i2c line (same than max 7219 chip) need only 2 wire adding to LCD + power +,-,why use old parts then have better lcd today ? i think lcd can use if can use max 7219 7-segment too.same procedure have,i2c have best today world uses lcd.old time 1940 use only old techic lcd :D today have better technic than 50 year before :D
2016-05-03 11:22
icon